PDA

View Full Version : blowing hot air

mugen03
06-12-2011, 11:37 AM
hello fellow hatchers, im having some issues with my air recently.im having nothing but hot air coming in through the vents. during the colder months when i would change the air from cold to hot i would hear it click over and one day leaving work i tried turning the heater off so i put it on cold air and i didnt hear it click back over to cold air. thats where im at now it seems like its stuck on heat, when i put the ac on i hear the compressor kick on and if i feel the ac lines they get really cold but the air coming through the vents is less then cold. any help would would be greatly appreciated.... k24a1 with about 70k and full bolt ons with kpro if that matters

heyvortek
06-12-2011, 11:51 AM
recharge the refrigerant?

mugen03
06-12-2011, 11:54 AM
yeah that was done not too long ago

talonXracer
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM
The heater control valve is probablt stuck open or it's solenoid is faulty. Look at the heater hose between the engine and firewall, there is a valve on it that has a lever/arm and a wire cable going to it, have someone change the temp setting on the dash and see if the arm rotates/moves. If not you need to pop the wire off the arm and try to move the lever by hand and also have the person inside change the temp setting again and see if the wire moves.

If the lever moves but the wire does not, a quick fix to not have cold air is to manually move the lever and use a piece of safety wire to hold it shut.