PDA

View Full Version : I need help! No BS straight answers, please & thank you!

EPCruz
06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
My EP3 has met it's end the car is totaled body wise, beyond repair, insurance claimed it a total lost. After looking at it at the junkyard me & some friends looked at it carefully. The engine & transmission are still go. I know the A3 isn't work much but the question is how much would the whole car as in go for?

A3. Tranny. Harness. ECU. Suspension work: springs, front & rear struts, rear sway bar.

02TWSI
06-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Not worth buying the car back unless you were on real coilovers, you had kpro, and the motor was low mileage.

beechstreet
06-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Not worth buying the car back unless you were on real coilovers, you had kpro, and the motor was low mileage.

agreed

EPCruz
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Motor has 112K & I would just have to pay for 2 day storage at the junkyard. So I wanna get it out & get as much out of it as possible.

whatsvtec
06-12-2011, 08:06 PM
How much does it cost to "buy it back"?

I only bought mine back for ~$800. That being said, you could easily get your money back and more if you want to buy back and part out. Just as long as the wrench hours you put into it are worth your time as well.

EPCruz
06-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I will know tomorrow morning when I call them. I got a letter stating they would only cover 3 days from the 8th so tomorrow would be 2 days after what they're covering. So I really don't know if I'm "buying it back" it was paid off for so I honestly don't know what's happening until tomorrow morning.

whatsvtec
06-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I will know tomorrow morning when I call them. I got a letter stating they would only cover 3 days from the 8th so tomorrow would be 2 days after what they're covering. So I really don't know if I'm "buying it back" it was paid off for so I honestly don't know what's happening until tomorrow morning.

If don't have a lien and your all paid off you should get back from the insurance company The Market Value - ($deductible+$"copart buyback") roughly 1G under market would be my guess

EPCruz
06-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll find out tomorrow. Thanks for your replies man. Appreciate it.