PDA

View Full Version : troubleshooting primary o2 sensor

AKEP
06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
EDIT: wanted to know wire colors on harness for primary o2 sensor for troubleshooting harness

found it:
AFSHTC A22 - heater sensor - white
AFSHTC A1 - heater driver - black/white
AFS A16 - af sensor - red yellow
AFS A6 - af sensor - red

still confused, what colors should i see on the primary and secondary connectors, that connect to the o2 sensors, respectively?

oneglory
06-13-2011, 05:25 AM
what are you trying to do?

talonXracer
06-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Every o2 sensor I have fondled has had a black or grey wire, white, green and brown. I have never seen any with a red colored wire. In the Helms manual for the EP3, there is a picture showing the connector and it's wire colors and orientation.

AKEP
06-13-2011, 06:28 AM
man i always have to explain things... lol

i had burnt the outside sheath of my harness on my downpipe cause it had slipped off the little connector on the firewall, so i pulled the harness out from the firewall to check it, and i sliced open the sheath to take a better look, and the wires inside are ok. and since i had pulled it out that far, i wanted to check the harness from ecu end to o2 end.

NOW, the connector(s) for the o2 sensor, the harness side has a bunch of funky colors, and the o2 side has the green grey black and white.

i also think that jackwagon that plugged it in without me there might have put it in backwards or had soldered it wrong or something, i dont know yet.

and the whole reason why i think its wrong is because in kpro it was stuck at 10.7 with no CEL and i forgot what the cel for the secondary is, but i got one.

im guessing that the plastic on the plugs are matching colors (grey and white?) and that should be right (not at home right now). so that leads me to think that when he soldered it together he did a hackjob on it and its probably shorted or something. so now im stuck here trying to trouble shoot the hell out of it so i can fix it. very frustrating.

so i just wanted to know if the wires are the same color from the ecu down to the o2 connectors?

best way to clean these connectors? - they may be contaminated with oil, see previous endevour with leaking oil seal on transmission -___-

what wires do i check for ohms, and how many ohms should i see for a good o2 sensor?

oneglory
06-13-2011, 06:59 AM
i believe there is a pin out diagram in the manual for the car side harness.

The plug wires may not be the same colors though. The Denso's might be since they are the OEM suppliers but I'd try to find a pic or another for comparison to be sure.

Also, the heater circuit on the 02 sensor could be toast if it wasn't soldered together properly. If you want to clean the terminals you could clean them with alcohol on a q-tip. just don't do it when it's hot and make sure it dries (alcohol dries fast as shit anyways).

AKEP
06-13-2011, 07:12 AM
toast as is, popped fuse? or toast as in this dude is probably going to be fixing it for free?

i found the pinout, is the A-harness the 31p that i pulled out with 2 other connectors, or the one thats left behind in the cabin?

they are oem denso's.

T_Virus
06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
More trouble? I thought your project was done and no more issues.

talonXracer
06-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I have seen so many failures due to incorrect soldering. Also the pins can push out of the connectors rather easily. stop by any auto parts place and get a can of electronics spray cleaner, it is safe to use on connectors etc without eating the plastic like brake cleaner does........

oneglory
06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
at least you let me half-answer a question this time doug.

talonXracer
06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
at least you let me half-answer a question this time doug.

LOL, you always fully answer the question,,,,LOL, I simply embellish!

AKEP
06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
More trouble? I thought your project was done and no more issues.

man i know, its just little things like this that pop up now. the car drives, runs good. but wtf.

T_Virus
06-14-2011, 12:23 PM
It's J00stins fault...lol...

AKEP
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
its always his fault. just like my yellow headlights. i mean, he should just cut me a deal on his depo retrofits to make up for it. :mangel:

AKEP
06-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Bosch LSU4.2 - can kpro utilize it?

AKEP
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
well its a 5 pin so guess not. whatever.

makavelibranded
06-16-2011, 08:28 AM
The Bosch 13680 is the one I bought to replace mine. You can find it online much much cheaper than vatozone.

AKEP
06-20-2011, 02:18 AM
ep spec or what?

makavelibranded
06-20-2011, 07:54 AM
ya it says its good for the ep, and the rsx