PDA

View Full Version : just installed ESMM's wow!

Aliperon
06-16-2011, 04:00 PM
so i finally decided to buy the mount inserts, installed them today and wow what a difference! my car feels so much more solid! the vibrations are awesome not bothersome at all. all in all pretty wicked mod for 30 bucks!

Sucka
06-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

talonXracer
06-16-2011, 06:24 PM
They are just about the biggest bang for the buck mod for the EP3, everything else starts costing alot more, LOL

mitchlikesbikes
06-16-2011, 06:46 PM
They are just about the biggest bang for the buck mod for the EP3, everything else starts costing alot more, LOL

other than shifter cable and base bushings!

Aliperon
06-16-2011, 11:47 PM
yeah i need some of those too my shifters a little sloppy! but the esmm's sure make the shifts feel better, even for a tranny that needs a new input shaft bearing!

mitchlikesbikes
06-17-2011, 12:02 AM
yeah i need some of those too my shifters a little sloppy! but the esmm's sure make the shifts feel better, even for a tranny that needs a new input shaft bearing!

yeah i don't have esmm but the shifter cable and base bushings both made a world of difference. i would imagine that if you added esmm into the mix you would have a perfect setup as far as keeping the stock shift mech goes!

Aliperon
06-17-2011, 12:12 AM
yeah maybe il have to buy them and try it out!

mitchlikesbikes
06-17-2011, 12:12 AM
yeah maybe il have to buy them and try it out!

you won't regret it!

Aliperon
06-17-2011, 12:13 AM
awesome im looking forward to it

whatsvtec
06-17-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm guessing your improvement with shifter base and cable bushings won't be as drastic as ESMM's. However, they're still 2 awesome mods for the money! I can't wait to get my inserts in.

talonXracer
06-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Be carefull, i thought the shift pattern was overly tight with the shifter assembly solid bushings. The trans end shifter bushings were more than enough to tighten up the pattern and still allow a very amount of give to absorb a little shift shock, slamming the gears with a completely solid link from the shifter to trans will deform the shift forks. Do not use a heavy weighted shift knob, or rest your hand on the shifter between shifts with the extra rigidity.

Aliperon
06-17-2011, 07:16 AM
I just have the stock knob still I quite like it its comfortable when I was looking at the bushing I was thinking of only doing the actualy shifter ones and not the ones for the linkage on the tranny cause just the shifter is a little sloppy

whatsvtec
06-17-2011, 07:25 AM
I just have the stock knob still I quite like it its comfortable when I was looking at the bushing I was thinking of only doing the actualy shifter ones and not the ones for the linkage on the tranny cause just the shifter is a little sloppy

I suggest doing the opposite. As Talon stated you'll gain more out of the shifter cable bushings than the base bushings. The base bushings give a very rigid feel, almost too much so like he was saying.

I recommend hybrid racing shifter cable bushings. They're light, well made and even have a spherical bushing on the larger one giving it a more free range of motion than the solid CORSPORT type.

mitchlikesbikes
06-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I suggest doing the opposite. As Talon stated you'll gain more out of the shifter cable bushings than the base bushings. The base bushings give a very rigid feel, almost too much so like he was saying.

I recommend hybrid racing shifter cable bushings. They're light, well made and even have a spherical bushing on the larger one giving it a more free range of motion than the solid CORSPORT type.

the price on the hybrid ones is outrageous though:(

RHCP0801
06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
i agree with the base and cable bushings, i had such a heavy knob on there along with the bcss that it was making shifting the gears pretty damn hard, going from 2nd to 3rd it would miss occasionally so i just bought a white plastic one off of ebay so hopefully that will make it a lot better. I changed back to the skunk2 and its a bit better than the one i had but still not perfect

mitchlikesbikes
06-17-2011, 10:58 AM
i agree with the base and cable bushings, i had such a heavy knob on there along with the bcss that it was making shifting the gears pretty damn hard, going from 2nd to 3rd it would miss occasionally so i just bought a white plastic one off of ebay so hopefully that will make it a lot better. I changed back to the skunk2 and its a bit better than the one i had but still not perfect

i have a heavy ass blox knob plus both sets of bushings and my car pretty much slides into every gear like butter. no signs of issues at all so far. i don't have a BCSS though

RHCP0801
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
well the bcss makes a drastic difference

whatsvtec
06-17-2011, 03:34 PM
well the bcss makes a drastic difference

Still waiting on the re-release.... :pray2:

whatsvtec
06-17-2011, 03:36 PM
the price on the hybrid ones is outrageous though:(

It is substantially more expensive, but I liked the design. I can keep them clean and lubricate them mildly if they get sticky. I liked the spherical bushing

ep3jd
06-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I like spherical tits.

And bushings.

I would also go with those over the corsport ones when the time comes

whatsvtec
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I like spherical tits.

Pancake titties just won't cut it

Aliperon
06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Haha spherical tits or nothing lol, I might try the cable bushings then

ep3jd
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm really fucking strange aren't I lol

talonXracer
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Pancake titties just won't cut it

A set of tits that resemble a handfull of dirt in a pair of old tubes socks wrapped around the neck, What a vision of sexy that is..............!

And I appoligize to the thread starter for this deviation off topic and the horrid image....

Aliperon
06-17-2011, 07:15 PM
its all good i try to stay away from them pancake titties anyways lol

Twisted-X
06-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Anybody seen that commercial for Futurama where all the guys get woman's bodies (even the old, old man)? They were wrapped behind him/her. :meek:

Anyways, like others, I've noticed that it takes a little bit more gas to accelerate from a stop with the ESMM's because the mounts don't take up the extra movement.

Aliperon
06-18-2011, 10:42 AM
yeah just a little more to avoid the vibrations from the low rpms i just rev it up a little more but the driving experience is so much better

lemonhead228
06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Where can I get this esmm?

Yomimito
06-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Ebay

bearcat91
07-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Energy suspension motor mounts for ep3 rsx dc5 on ebay...is this what your talking about? How hard is it to put motor mount inserts in? Never done it before and for 37 bucks ill give it a shot.

Ba82Ep3
07-12-2011, 10:35 AM
If you wanna get rid of some of the vibrations, clean the inside of the mounts and make sure the insert is clean as well. Install with a high heat synthetic grease applied to the face of each insert. Wipe off any excess so as not to collect dirt.

The inserts will vibrate less after break in, but this will help with idle vibration over the life span of the mounts/inserts.

lemonhead228
07-14-2011, 09:36 PM
1. I heard these insert sag after a given time? Is it ture? If it doesnt last 2 years, I prolly aint gonna get it

2. So wit the shifter bushings, just do the cable bushing? Or the base too?

3. I was bout to get a heavier knob like a skunk2, is this still a good ideal?

Sorry, im kinda confuse wit all the input

hondafrk
07-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Just got done installing my ESMM's and they were really easy. No problems at all and I had it done in less than 1 1/2hrs. Initial impressions were like everyone else stated. More vibration at idle but it goes away once driving. The shifts seem more solid and takeoffs seem more consistent.
Very happy with this $34 mod!

For those who haven't done this yet, its not a terribly difficult task. You DONT have to drop the cradle in the rear when installing the rear mount. I had to drop the front which was easy enough, but on the rear, I simply loosened the bolts about 3/4 way and then removed the mounting bracket that attaches to the top of the mount. 3 bolts going through it to the motor and tranny, and one going through the mount. Just disconnect your downpipe and move it out of the way to pull the mount bolt out.

You may have to use a prybar and force the upper bracket farther up to be able to slip the inserts in the mount, but it doesn't take much.

This mod is a 5 on a 10 scale of difficulty.

PAPITUYO326
07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Energy suspension motor mounts for ep3 rsx dc5 on ebay...is this what your talking about? How hard is it to put motor mount inserts in? Never done it before and for 37 bucks ill give it a shot.

Yes that is what they are talking about. They are a decent option if your mounts are shot and you don't want to fork over money for a new set. They are fantastic at making the car feel more solid, but they also contribute quite a bit more vibrations to the cabin. I loved them at first, back when I would take the recently swapped EP out and run digs all the time. Nowadays I am always tempted to remove them, as they make the car feel cheap. Maybe I am just jaded lol.

MattEngels
07-19-2012, 10:06 PM
the ES inserts are nice firm yet not over the top they do vibrate a lil but its not bad to me.

So are you guys saying go with bushings at the shifter and on the cables but no short shifter? Funny thing is today I got my Ep3 running for the first time and I thought to myself a short shifter might be over kill.... Guess I will get the bushings and see how I like. I already have a skunk2 shift knob but I dont like how the shift boot doesnt attach to it like the stock one does.