skunk2 mega R catback exhaust
Kpro
650 inyectors
skunk2 fuil rail
custom oil pan for time attack

Ok my question is can a run a supercharger with this setup :/

04EP3Hatch
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
personally i wouldnt. with that aggressive cam setup and high compression and all the heat the supercharger would create (unless you used methanol) would surely almost detonate. that setup alone sounds nasty enough by itself lol

PR-EP3
06-16-2011, 05:49 PM
:( that sucks :(

PR-EP3
06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I was hoping that somebody here had a similar setup with supercharger :(

04EP3Hatch
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
you can do it man there is no doubt, you just need ample cooling in the form of a water methanol kit, and id remove the stage 3's and go back to stock cams for the supercharger

Ba82Ep3
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I think you could run a JRSC with the 3.8" SC pulley (and the k20a crank pulley, around 6-7 psi)... but you will likely need an EX adjustable camshaft gear to properly tune with those cams, or get rid of the cams period).

I have a good friend with a TypeR k20a on 10psi+ and he has no problems driving it on pump gas (93 octane). Your setup isnt THAT much over what he has...

04SiSpeed
06-20-2011, 07:34 AM
And in my opinion i wouldnt do the meth, esp with trying to run a sc, its just another thing to break it or to go wrong. I have heard horror storys with meth, and on 12:5 it is very uncommon to have a sc, its been done and it is done but mostly v8's. Since your fully built i agree with Ba82Ep3 and thats you could do like a jackson racing kit. Now if you wanted to run cooler spend the extra money on putting a kraftwerks kit together. They are syntrifical, prolly spelled wrong lol, like a turbo is the best way i can explain. But they run with a intercooler and you can easily bring temps down with a large enough one of those. The JRSC replacers the intake manifold so is cooled only from how cold the air thats going into it from the engine bay is. IDk, thats just my 2 cents you seem to have a very expensive set up and ruining it wouldnt be any fun neither lol. Good luck mate

PR-EP3
06-20-2011, 12:56 PM
:( I think Im going back to k24 :/ is not that I dont like de k24 motor is that a built a 2.4 one year ago with does same mods and the motor died only it was only one month on the road :(

03Si757
06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
:( I think Im going back to k24 :/ is not that I dont like de k24 motor is that a built a 2.4 one year ago with does same mods and the motor died only it was only one month on the road :(

Id say drop the Cams down and go for it.... Look into the DC5 Blower with the aftercooler setup, they can and do fit..

hondero69
08-08-2011, 07:17 AM
here a video with similar set up..check comments video..GL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX9GekdT-Pg

Ba82Ep3
08-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Not mentioning the idle issue but... was that a 6th gear pull?! Sounds rediculously slow...

04SiSpeed
08-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Yea what the hell, my car doesnt have a SC and that motor and it pulls harder driving down the rd. Thats a weird video...

PR-EP3
09-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks Javier for the video still thinking about it :/

I talked with Jeremy Lookofsky of Drag Cartel he told me that if I drop in some Drag Cartel stg4 cams with some Itb's I can bump the power to 280hp at the wheels with no problem.

Let's see what happens :/

04SiSpeed
01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks Javier for the video still thinking about it :/

I talked with Jeremy Lookofsky of Drag Cartel he told me that if I drop in some Drag Cartel stg4 cams with some Itb's I can bump the power to 280hp at the wheels with no problem.

Let's see what happens :/

So do you have a cyntrifical supercharger i assume then? I would think you should make more than 280 on a stock k20a. And with stage 4 cams that is not going to work well with a boosted motor. Your better with stock type r cams or skunk 2 pro cams.

You also mention ITB's. With the proper changes to what you said about the actual cams someone would use, a k20a stock internals, and cyntrifical supercharger even with a 3.5in pulley making id guess somewhere around 7-9psi depending how many psi you loose from the front mount intercooler; 350whp easy, upwards of 300trq.... So make sure you know what your actually rambling on about lol.

Id suggest doing a lot more reading from what u had said bud. Thats just my opinion so you dont waste money if and when you do get there.

differentK
01-25-2012, 08:31 AM
if you are looking for centrifugal supercharger info on your k20r- before touching the motor i would check out k20a.org... there are a couple guys with some really nasty rotrex (centrifugal) setups and if i remember correctly some of them are running pretty high comp with some big cams. GL

04SiSpeed
01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the correct spelling lol. I been researching for years now, and your right a rotrex is putting down the best numbers on just about any k series when it comes to a supercharger. Im fairly sure this is the route i am taking.

Sadly i have to buy a house in a few months, but im sure soon after that the set up will be in process. I dont plan to break any records, i just want more power to a reliable car im building. Not a lot of ppl SC a honda anyways so its a lil cooler in that sense.

Far more reasonable idea than a turbo for sure, esp. on a car you plan on not building the motor or putting down retarded numbers that you arnt even using half the power out put.

Side convo, i noticed you had Derek at IMW do your car, me too, so +2 for you. I think he did a great job on my sway. What are you running putting those numbers down? Car to share? Im DD too, but as you can tell planning to SC soon. Wont be DD anymore but still driven on the

differentK
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM
its tough to find info on rotrex setups in an ep... mainly because its a bitch to fit and plenty of custom R&D to boot. When I was seriously looking into it- for the power and performance it makes more sense to buy a turbo kit. But I have seen at least 1 rotrex ep so it is do-able.

Yea Derek did an awesome job tuning my old girl- it made a bit more power than we were expecting. I am running a 04 k24a2 swap with the ep 5 speed. motor is stock except for a type s oil pump and RBC intake VTC gear- my future plan is to add a JRSC. at the moment i am running the stock PRB intake manifold/TB along with a CAI, RH, and a personally built 2.5in kteller exhaust. its a lot of fun... im shooting to finish it up this spring with the JRSC- a solid 300WHP DD and this thing is a wrap

udontknowjack
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
i'll be doing my retrex k24a2 in the next few weeks.... shooting for 300-350 whp 250-280 wtq.... bone stock engine.... = )

04SiSpeed
02-28-2012, 07:05 AM
its tough to find info on rotrex setups in an ep... mainly because its a bitch to fit and plenty of custom R&D to boot. When I was seriously looking into it- for the power and performance it makes more sense to buy a turbo kit. But I have seen at least 1 rotrex ep so it is do-able.

Yea Derek did an awesome job tuning my old girl- it made a bit more power than we were expecting. I am running a 04 k24a2 swap with the ep 5 speed. motor is stock except for a type s oil pump and RBC intake VTC gear- my future plan is to add a JRSC. at the moment i am running the stock PRB intake manifold/TB along with a CAI, RH, and a personally built 2.5in kteller exhaust. its a lot of fun... im shooting to finish it up this spring with the JRSC- a solid 300WHP DD and this thing is a wrap

Dude that sounds nasty, you have the same goals i basically have with finishing up your car. You going down to the East coast honda meet in June?

differentK
02-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Dude that sounds nasty, you have the same goals i basically have with finishing up your car. You going down to the East coast honda meet in June?

thanks- honestly its never going be finished. i bought the car brand new in early 03 and its been under the knife ever since. idk about the east coast meet in june- where/ when is it? ill be out for the bear mtn meet april 1st and then the atlantic city meet april 21st.

bear mtn:
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?p=39109229#post39109229
ATL city:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=808220