PDA

View Full Version : Restoring dash

gitter
06-16-2011, 11:04 PM
i was wondering if there was something i could use to repair my dash , the past owner didnt really take care of it now theres white marks that wont go away when i use interior cleaners / black magic/

any help would be useful guys! also if i were to replace it with a new one bymyself how hard would it be

mitchlikesbikes
06-16-2011, 11:09 PM
did you try putting armorall on it and REALLY giving it some time to soak in? that usually works well for me but it's hard to know without some pics of the situation at hand haha:)

gitter
06-16-2011, 11:49 PM
did you try putting armorall on it and REALLY giving it some time to soak in? that usually works well for me but it's hard to know without some pics of the situation at hand haha:)

i was thinking about that but i was scared because ive read that armor is bad for the dash so i wanna see what other ep members use. do u use the cloth wipes or the liquid spray?

mitchlikesbikes
06-16-2011, 11:52 PM
i use the spray and a microfiber rag. i just spray it onto the rag and spread a decent coat, let it sit for a minute or two, then wipe it off. keeps the dash looking nice but doesn't create a sticky film because the plastic absorbs some of the armorall before you wipe it clean

codyep3
06-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Do not use Armor-all products. They are actually the problem to cracking of dashboards.

gitter
06-18-2011, 01:54 AM
what would you suggest?

hyu
06-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Pictures of the dash?

talonXracer
06-18-2011, 09:50 AM
They may be bleached stains in the plastic.

The upper dash pad removal is rather involved, the entire dash has to come out and you need micro miniature hands at times, LOL

it may be easier to mask off the dash and hand apply some dye to the stains and then spray the whole dash with the dye, or use a quality plastic compatible paint