PDA

View Full Version : 04/05 CTR Projectors - only high beams work, HID's are NOT working

CastorTroy2
06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I have the tsx projectors with tsx ballasts and the SSR 04-05 Conversion harness. The power wire is connected to my battery, which is relocated. All weekend my HID's were working, then it rained really hard on sunday and they wouldnt work.

I tried replacing the "25" fuse on the relay, no luck. ONLY Highbeams and parking lights work. When it happened I was getting the buzz sound with the ballasts but no lights, now Im not even getting a buzz. Could the ballasts be out? Any other suggestions?

CastorTroy2
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
: (

PatrickJamesYu
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
With out it in front of me, and me refusing to read what you wrote twice, it's hard to tell whats wrong.
since it was after rain, maybe its something as simple as the bulbs out?
it COULD be the ballast, but possibly not, you know?
Bulbs are cheaper and easier to replace.

Actually I read where you said the ballasts are buzzing
It's probably the ballasts.
Check to see if they are still getting power
check the terminals/ ground.
sounds odd, but maybe the ground was loose, rain/dirt/rust/dirt got into it eliminating the contact points

Coldth1
08-18-2011, 05:53 PM
mines doing the same thing but no rain just turned them in drive threw and went to turn them back on and nothing not even the noise. checked every fuse and nothing.

Coldth1
08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Figured it out was a hidden fuse on the hid power wire:)

POOPTOOTH
08-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Funny, I just had a ballast go out on me two days ago. The bulb flickered, and the ballast was making a buzzing sound, then nada. Hope you find the problem!

CastorTroy2
08-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Figured it out was a hidden fuse on the hid power wire:)

hrm yeah i checked one fuse and nothing, maybe it could be another fuse or a bad ground?

Coldth1
08-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Well I checked the fuses under the steering wheel then the engine bay and they were fine. So I check the ground cleaned it up and nothing. Then I remembered there a fuse on the power wire. I found it and it was really bad. So cleaned it up and put a new fuse in and turned right on.

uneekazn1
08-23-2011, 12:08 PM
check the harness to the light switch by the steering colum, might fried it.