PDA

View Full Version : Might be moving on to a Fit...

stl05si
06-18-2011, 06:12 AM
I love my 2005 HFP SI, but 110000 miles on it and driving kids around more and they are getting bigger, I just need the 5 doors and little bit of extra space. Gonna test drive a Fit today, and expect it to be fine, just gonna miss the power. I guess it will be similar to my 98 civic ex. I have to go automatic since my wife is eternally manual challenged. I really want the 2011 wrx but can't justify the cost. Other cares kinda considered were new ford focus, matrix, or mazda3. I worry of reliability on non hondas and toyotas from past experience. Thoughts, comments and advice appreciated.

ep3jd
06-18-2011, 06:25 AM
I love the fit. Maybe a lil drop and wheels? Let it be auto, fuck it. Its a responsible move. Good luck

heyvortek
06-18-2011, 06:50 AM
youll come back to ep3. i really wanted to get a fit and do a k24a2 swap with a kraftwerks kit. fit is a reliable car that will get the job done

whatsvtec
06-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Brink your k20 with you!

stl05si
06-18-2011, 07:25 AM
No kidding. I have said why won't Honda even drop the K20A3 in the Fit with a efficient 6th or even 5th gear for highway? That would be great.

sleepy ep3
06-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Leave the wife and kids, keep the Ep. Problem solved.

Lol

stl05si
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=sleepy ep3;897919]Leave the wife and kids, keep the Ep. Problem solved.

LOL. If i never married and had kids I could retire at 40 from my job and get some podunk low stress job for the little extra money I would need. Funny you say that. My best friend and I were just talking about that.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
06-18-2011, 01:45 PM
well at least in terms of looks...you won't be straying too far off from the ep3

someone at a gas station one time asked me where i got my "2 door FIT":mrolleyes:

although i did remove all emblems on my car besides the honda symbol in the front and rear
so he had no way of knowing its a civic or even an si

personally i think the new focus is too bulky looking
and i dont dig the matrix

if you can't get a sti

just go for an fit =D
you'll still be part of a the honda family

02TWSI
06-18-2011, 01:49 PM
My mom had the four door focus ses model fully loaded for a rental not too long ago. Nice car for what it is. The coupe looks pretty good. I like the wheels that come on them. I wanted to test fit them on my EP but she said don't do that to the rental lol....

siege911
06-18-2011, 02:09 PM
We have a 2009 fit sport auto, and for the 1.5 years we have had it I have absolutely zero complaints. The gf uses it as her daily, and it gets good gas mileage (we hit 42 mpg last summer!) , has tons of interior room, and is just an all around useful and fun car to drive. We plan to keep it for a long time.

During our initial search, we were also looking at the mazda3, focus, accent, matrix etc but for the price and all the included items in the sport model, the fit was a no-brainer.

Johnny
06-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I've always liked the fit. Wanted one since I tend to mountain bike and throw the dog in the back so the fit does both nicely. Good luck with what you go with.

EDU
06-19-2011, 08:37 PM
i have an ep3, an EK and a Fit.
needless to say the Fit is the one we take when we all go out. (wife and 2 kids) its a '09 fit sport Auto and is actually pretty big in the inside and great MPG.

apexracing
06-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I had a 07 fit sport 5spd. not a bad car really, and they look better than the newer models in my opinion. had the car 3 months back in 06 from new. Headed to work one day and was crossing a long bridge, an oncoming pick up truck losses control on the snowy surface and hit's my brand new fit head on.
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/Apexep3si/stuff/photo.jpg

And i walked away with out a scratch. In fact none of the glass broke and there was no damage past the front end and front fenders.
This car took a solid hit. i would certainly say its a very safe car, thats great on gas, packed with features, and is fun to drive.

powdbyrice
06-19-2011, 09:38 PM
see vids of jpax's k20 fit... :)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?48849-FITswap.com-Video&highlight=

gamma6
06-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I had a 07 fit sport 5spd. not a bad car really, and they look better than the newer models in my opinion. had the car 3 months back in 06 from new. Headed to work one day and was crossing a long bridge, an oncoming pick up truck losses control on the snowy surface and hit's my brand new fit head on.
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/Apexep3si/stuff/photo.jpg

And i walked away with out a scratch. In fact none of the glass broke and there was no damage past the front end and front fenders.
This car took a solid hit. i would certainly say its a very safe car, thats great on gas, packed with features, and is fun to drive.

my mom had one two yrs ago and also got in an accident on christmas eve,
she was in the middle lane of the freeway when a truck was speeding coming on the onramp trying to get ahead of a bus that was in the merging lane, long story short, the truck ended up getting clipped by the bus and made him spin which his rear hit my mom's rear as she was passing by, which also made her spin...
her seatbelt got loose and her seat started to slide back and forth at the same time, now she has minor back pains and will prob never own another honda... i liked the car when she had it

it was a fit sport auto as well and she moved on to a nissan versa which i think in no way compared to the fit, it was more expensive for less extras... the accident gave her a real scare which i think it was a bummer cuz i really liked her fit

PatrickJamesYu
06-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Fun to drive

the fit owners cool
See you on FitFreak

And the mazda3 is fun to drive
Just sayin' haha

JaydmEp3
06-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Honda fits are cool to. I mean they almost look like the ep jus with four doors so technically u won't miss it to bad. lol good luck with wat u choose tho nonetheless.

DRP967
06-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Get the manual, just teach your wife. (borrow a rental car if you think she might do damage to the new car)

Does she not want to drive manual? If thats the case then guess your stuck with auto.

Personally I would consider getting the new 2012+ Civic Si Sedan for all your family needs, not really a fan of the FIT and thats saying a lot since I drive a EP3.

http://publicanfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2012-Honda-Civic-sedan-1.jpg

*4 door practicality, good on gas, and a decent sized trunk.
If you do decide to modify, these cars look lovely with a drop and some nice wheels.

On second thought, get the Civic Si and make that woman drive manual.

ep3jd
06-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Nissan versa hatchbacks are cool too

T_Virus
06-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Get the manual, just teach your wife. (borrow a rental car if you think she might do damage to the new car)

Does she not want to drive manual? If thats the case then guess your stuck with auto.

Personally I would consider getting the new 2012+ Civic Si Sedan for all your family needs, not really a fan of the FIT and thats saying a lot since I drive a EP3.

http://publicanfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2012-Honda-Civic-sedan-1.jpg

*4 door practicality, good on gas, and a decent sized trunk.
If you do decide to modify, these cars look lovely with a drop and some nice wheels.

On second thought, get the Civic Si and make that woman drive manual.

My next car... but looking for a rally red though. Just waiting for it once it gets released to the dealership.

DRP967
06-20-2011, 01:17 PM
My next car... but looking for a rally red though. Just waiting for it once it gets released to the dealership.

Good stuff, I am a fan of the 2012 Civic. Looks nice.

iDom
06-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I always told people.. If I ever won the lottery, i'd buy a fit as a daily driver because in my opinion it's perfect.. Even if you have a lot of money. Reliable, safe, economical, spacious, aesthetically pleasing (at lest for me), and I am a moderate kinda man.. I hate gaudy things, I like to keep it casual. You can park a fit anywhere and not have to worry about it.. Insurance is good on them, the interiors are nice, you can see practically everything, unlike other cars that have massive blind spots.. I'd say go for it.. But I love manuals, don't think i'll ever buy something that isn't.

Comments about the new Si:
On to the new civic si.. I wouldn't get one, just because I could never justify the cost.. Essentially the same car, if not a better car can be had for half the cost. I got my ep3 for 6k.. kpro and an engine swap can be done and still be under 10k. That's just kinda how I look at things like that. Also, even if you were to buy a "shitty, beat up" ep3, as long as it's not body work, you can practically fix EVERYTHING yourself with the most commonly accessible tools.. It's not uncommon to get TSX motors for less than 2k now. But, then again, I guess it depends what you're going for.. If you just want a nice stock car, then I guess go for it.. But i'd still rather buy a stock used Evo or STI for that kinda money and leave it at that.

Garrett
06-21-2011, 09:56 AM
personally my friend has a 5 speed with a js racing exhaust, some nice intake, i love it, ikts not terribly slow though and my other friend has an auto one that i dont mind at all. I would get one as a dd

stl05si
06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Haha! There is NO teaching my wife to drive stick. Been trying for almost 6 years. It makes here eye twitch, and she just panics. Just gonna go with a slush box to get back the convience of being able to swap cars when needed. I want the hatch over the sedan si for my bike to go in, and i just don't find the 2.4 exciting. maybe if it hit 7800rpm:). I will really miss the ep3, but it is time. OH, and I did see jpax's fit on fitfreak the other day. All I gotta say is WOW.

Erkm4n
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
"someone at a gas station one time asked me where i got my "2 door FIT""

I think I would be a little insulted by that haha

ep3jd
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Someone at a meet last might asked RHCP0801 if he had "the fit front end conversion" LOL

mitchlikesbikes
06-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Someone at a meet last might asked RHCP0801 if he had "the fit front end conversion" LOL

lololololololol

ep3jd
06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I was losing it.

Then I lowered my car in the parking lot lol

doubledouble
06-24-2011, 11:36 PM
I really like Fits. It's actually very spacious on the inside. But the real reason I'd get one is because it has like a dozen cup holders.

stl05si
06-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Haha, yeah, those cup holders are just more places for kids to leave trash. Lol. The joys of fatherhood.

krod
06-25-2011, 06:05 AM
I say go with the fit,good looking little cars that are reliable, i try to stay away from mazda had a 99 protege es and it started having tranny troubles at around 56k miles when i sold it it had 80k and it was starting to get worse and i figure it went out not to long after i got rid of it.hope this helps

popopopop
07-16-2011, 06:51 PM
That engine, you, wife, kids, and a/c on. Please test drive it like that and see if you can live with the power. No hate on the fit though, but even though it's an ecobox, I will never be comfortable with that engine.

phoryu2nv
07-21-2011, 03:14 PM
My wife has a Fit, she loves it. I like it too there's a lot of space inside and gets great gas mileage.

stl05si
07-23-2011, 10:08 AM
That engine, you, wife, kids, and a/c on. Please test drive it like that and see if you can live with the power. No hate on the fit though, but even though it's an ecobox, I will never be comfortable with that engine.

Test drove one by myself, then read your message and I agree with you. I drove by myself and that engine was the game changer. Ok, so gonna go with 2011 or 2012 SI. Need honda reliability and some fun. Don't want accord though.

stl05si
07-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Probably just go with 2012. The torque will be nice, even though I have wanted the high strung K motor for ever.

rufiogeezee
07-23-2011, 12:38 PM
my honest opinion? I will never buy another NEW car again. New being right off the lot, first owner. This being because I owned an 07 Si with no miles, bought it for 22k when they first came out, but it was a last years model. Drove it off the lot, Got orders to move out here to California, and was having a baby, so a year later had to force trade it for a CRV same year. Yes i got an amazing deal on the CRV, 18k out the door, but I was upside down on the Si 6k in just one straight year. Then a week later saw the car driving around town already sold. I asked the guy what he bought the car for and he told me 20k! I didn't get ripped off, because I had 2 months to sell the car, no one took it up and a trade in was my only option being I didn't have any money to put down on the next car plus make the difference up witht he money still owed on the loan. If I would have to have done it again. I would have bought a year old model or one that was used with really low miles. Us military are different from the normal population due to the fact that stuff like that can happen and you can move with just 3 months short notice. Now a days its almost predictable when were going to move, but back then it wasn't. If you plan to buy a new car, plan on keeping it til paid off or at least halfway. Contrary to belief, Hondas do depreciate just as much as other cars right off the lot, at least 4 grand worth. keep that in mind. Just some advice from a veteran honda buyer. no pun intended.

stl05si
09-23-2011, 04:32 AM
Heh. Keeping it. Wanted to anyway, and talked wife done from her competing with the Jones' complex. And as a bonus I figured out where the annoying rattle are coming from the doors...it is actually from the side molding. Gonna try to fix it this weekened after 3 years of rattle.

JJay.
09-23-2011, 01:15 PM
After watching this. I really want a fit now.

http://youtu.be/7y5MUViXA28

civicmatt
09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I love my 2005 HFP SI, but 110000 miles on it and driving kids around more and they are getting bigger, I just need the 5 doors and little bit of extra space. Gonna test drive a Fit today, and expect it to be fine, just gonna miss the power. I guess it will be similar to my 98 civic ex. I have to go automatic since my wife is eternally manual challenged. I really want the 2011 wrx but can't justify the cost. Other cares kinda considered were new ford focus, matrix, or mazda3. I worry of reliability on non hondas and toyotas from past experience. Thoughts, comments and advice appreciated.

How many kids do you have? My second is on the way and I'm looking to move on from my ep3. How was it managing more then one little kid in the civic? I'm eyeing up an Element for my family car.

stl05si
09-24-2011, 06:18 AM
I like the element too, but only having 2 seats in the back was a deal breaker. I wish Honda would make an option for a bench seat or something in back for 3 kids. I know you would lose the folding seat trick, but oh well. It was never too bad for me with my three kids in the EP3, but I don't have them in it except 1 or 2 at a time and maybe all 3 on weekends. I have taken them camping in it, but I really don't have them all there on a daily basis. They are now 11,9, and 5 and can buckle themselves. My work hours kinda exclude me from all the crazy running my wife does with her pilot. Over all, I wouldn't be too worried. Even when my son was an infant there was plenty room for him in the middle and the girls on the sides. They all think it is a cool car now, lol.

RHCP0801
09-24-2011, 08:15 AM
After watching this. I really want a fit now.

http://youtu.be/7y5MUViXA28

I would take the fit if it came like this lol, wouldn't want to go through all the trouble, time and money it cost to do all that

stl05si
09-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Honda should just make a Fit type r or si...drop the 1.8 in it or even the k20a3. give it decent gearing and you have a hot hatch with great milage too

AKAahlecks
09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Honda should just make a Fit type r or si...drop the 1.8 in it or even the k20a3. give it decent gearing and you have a hot hatch with great milage too

this would actually be pretty nice. i wish our EP's had a 6th gear...

j0000stin
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
i had sex in the back of a fit once, it was very roomy haha

it was an older one though and i loved how the front seat went down and connected to the rear seats to make a bed hahaha