PDA

View Full Version : motor mount problems

Nickle n Dimin
06-18-2011, 03:57 PM
do i have a problem and what should i do.cause this seems not to effect anything looks like the head of the bolt is missing
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/feildstay/motormount.jpg

mitchlikesbikes
06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
do i have a problem and what should i do.cause this seems not to effect anything looks like the head of the bolt is missing
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/feildstay/motormount.jpg

i would assume that anything missing on a motor mount is a potential problem. not sure how to fix it though but someone on here will chime in haha

Nickle n Dimin
06-18-2011, 05:02 PM
another question is should i go down to street 65a for just this mount if something did happen here

McTaggart34
06-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Go to the junk yard and get a new one .. There are two bolts on the side of the block take then out and put a new one in. Also the bolt thats on the real long stud is the wrong one it should be on the broken one. Good luck

talonXracer
06-19-2011, 06:17 AM
place a jack under the engine(use a block of wood to protect the oil pan), remove the aluminum Innovative arm, then remove the broken stud, a new one can be sourced at a junkyard or simply use a bolt from a auto parts store for .45 cents.

Nickle n Dimin
06-19-2011, 07:11 AM
place a jack under the engine(use a block of wood to protect the oil pan), remove the aluminum Innovative arm, then remove the broken stud, a new one can be sourced at a junkyard or simply use a bolt from a auto parts store for .45 cents.

got ya . but should i go down to street since it did snap, all the pics ive seen the bolts are in the right place . by the way i didnt put them in

RedSiBaron
06-19-2011, 09:59 AM
got ya . but should i go down to street since it did snap, all the pics ive seen the bolts are in the right place . by the way i didnt put them in

i dont think the stiffness of your mount is the cause here...id imagine something else is wrong to allow that to sheer, id check all of your other mounts bolts and ensure they are tight, as well as check your front (trans) mount, because theres a good chance it is torn, which case you can replace it, fill it with urethane, or get energy suspension mount inserts as a fix...not only all this, but a stiffer passenger mount is a good thing, i run a 75a passenger mount and 65 (or 63, or whatever avids street hardness is) on the other two.

Nickle n Dimin
06-19-2011, 11:42 AM
didn't see any tears in the drivers side hopefully the bolt was reused and was weak when they were replaced. the mounts were thrashed when they were replaced i'll get it on a lift tomorrow and get to see the trans mount thanks for the help people