PDA

View Full Version : No Sound???

b33lz89
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
i just finished installing an amp for my interior speakers around 3 weeks ago... everything was fine it plays loud and clear and all of the sudden yesterday am driving the music wasnt on full blast and never been.. the music just cut off.. theres no sound from the speakers or tweeters, the amp isnt even on, i checked the power, ground and blue amp cable everything is fine connected the way it should be, i tried checking the fuses, i couldnt find the music fuse under the hood or the steering wheel is there something am missing?

introvert
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Power wire should have been fused 6" or so from the battery. That should be checked first. After that, you may want to check the remote wire.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Does the amp light up when you turn it on. If it doesnt then you have an issue with either the remote wire the small blue one or witht he power wire the thicker wire. If the amp lights up and powers on and your not getting any sound it could be either the rca lines or the pre outs on the deck. A way to test the rca lines it to take an rca to mini plug. Plug one end into the amp the other end into an mp3 player of some sort and turn on the amp and then play something on the mp3 player.

b33lz89
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Does the amp light up when you turn it on. If it doesnt then you have an issue with either the remote wire the small blue one or witht he power wire the thicker wire. If the amp lights up and powers on and your not getting any sound it could be either the rca lines or the pre outs on the deck. A way to test the rca lines it to take an rca to mini plug. Plug one end into the amp the other end into an mp3 player of some sort and turn on the amp and then play something on the mp3 player.

it doesn't turn on.. i checked the power cable, the fuse is good and connected fine like it was before, same thing with the remote cable and ground.. it just turned off for no reason i mean, are there any fuses am suppose to check other the the amps?

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
The only fuses there are to check is the main fuse on the power line. It should be close to the battery under the hood. Also on the side of the amp there are also some fuses you should check. Even if the fuse doesnt look blown it could still be bad. Also check the connection on the battery, where the power wire connects to the batter post. I have seen some cases where that connection comes loose and the amp doesnt power on.

b33lz89
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
i checked that still nothing... is it possible it could be the amp just fried? its an alpine 4 channel i bought it new.. didnt last a month yet

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM
That is always a possibility. Have you checked the ground cable? If it is within a month i think you should be able to exchange it from the place you got it from. Also alpine has a 1 year warentee on the amp.