PDA

View Full Version : ABS & Brake light on

StraightEP3
06-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Heres the problem, I had new tires put on my car 2 weeks ago and left the tire store with no issues. Drove home with no light coming on.....left my house later that night and within 6-7 miles my ABS and brake light came on. It does this every time now without fail. Its off when I start the car and after so many miles they both come on again. I had it checked by a relative who is a master tech in GA. The computer threw up a code that said some thing like excessive wheel slip or something to that effect. That however is no where in any ABS diagnostic code list any where including the service manual. I have searched the best I know how to find a clue to my problem through multiple forums and good old google with no signs of help. Would go back to GA to consult with my cousin but that is just to far to drive for now. If any one can offer some insight it would be appreciated. I didnt get any codes pertaining to sensors being bad so I kinda have ruled out needing to check those....

Garrett
06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
wierd, same exact thing happened to me. Just got new tires put on on saturday and the grake light and abs light came on. pulled over turned off my car and turned it back on and it hasnt come on since though

Zzyzx
06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I have a nickel on one of the ABS sensors in the wheel hub having gotten misaligned or damaged during the wheel installation.

StraightEP3
06-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Thats what I was thinking until I got the code off of it...

talonXracer
06-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Your cousin used a generic reader, Honda uses different definitions than what is displayed on universal code readers. This difference is carried through on ALL coded systems from Honda, from the SRS, to the ABS to OBDII.

Your best bet is to remove the wheels and simply check and make sure everything looks honkey-dorry.

StraightEP3
06-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks man, I'll be checking it out on Sunday...

STP03BlueSI
06-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Mine is coming on also...But the brake light comes on at about 3200+ RPM...then kicks off..

StraightEP3
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Everything looks ok visually but I guess Im going to have to get it read somewhere else...

rabbitteeth
02-14-2012, 05:47 PM
having this same issue. changed 2 tires, e-brake and abs lights come on around 65 mph

that girl in your avatar is so fine