PDA

View Full Version : Rokkor Coilovers and tie rod ends...

3Peat
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, i just put my coilovers on, and i noticed that the toe out is kinda ridiculous. when lengthening the tie rod end, i didnt have much thread if any at all that i could work with. Is there any sort of way to extend the tie rod or bring the toe out back in? has anyone dealt with this before?!! Need help ASAP!!!

jed_averill
06-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Did you get an alignment yet? I think they can fix that unless you wanna do all the work.

3Peat
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Did you get an alignment yet? I think they can fix that unless you wanna do all the work.
Yeh, i went to get an alignment and they cant do it cuz the inner tie rods are maxed out to where they cant go out any farther.

jed_averill
06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Ahh then you might have to get new ones. I have Racelands which are basically the same thing but I didn't get that problem but they recommended me to buy upper trailing arms cuz that back camber is too much haha

MBaG
06-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeh, i went to get an alignment and they cant do it cuz the inner tie rods are maxed out to where they cant go out any farther.

i've read reviews where some shops had no clue how to align it.. so you might want to try another shop?

gamma6
06-21-2011, 06:12 PM
i've read reviews where some shops had no clue how to align it.. so you might want to try another shop?
yeah cuz the shop i went to didnt mention it and i have rokkors

3Peat
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
yeh, they didnt know... so i jacked it up and eyeball aligned it myself, then took it to a different place and they got it.:mbiggrin:

MBaG
06-22-2011, 04:38 PM
yeh, they didnt know... so i jacked it up and eyeball aligned it myself, then took it to a different place and they got it.:mbiggrin:

Since I helped you, I demand a picture of the car. :)

3Peat
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Since I helped you, I demand a picture of the car. :)
ha alright alright... this picture is before i adjusted the back to be even with the front.. the front isn't all the way down yet

3Peat
06-24-2011, 10:03 AM
first real mod btw...