PDA

View Full Version : I hate eps with a passion

omgheyitskenny
06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
I have to rant about this. So I had just gotten my a/c fixed after spending 4 hrs in my garage. Went and got lines blown and recharged then went off to go get sushi with my gf. Well suddenly ABS light goes on and I hear loud ass knocking from passenger front. Got to the sushi place looks like somebody had diareah on my advans. I ignored it went and ate then when I got home and took off the wheel the ABS sensor is torn into 2 and the inner and outer of the axle is toast.

You fix one thing and something else goes wrong I'm starting to hate this car with a passion

ep3jd
06-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Thats unfortunate, your could just give me your advans and then light the car on fire if it will make you feel better.

omgheyitskenny
06-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Thats unfortunate, your could just give me your advans and then light the car on fire if it will make you feel better.

Lol I just paid $50 for a sensor at Honda yesterday only reason I'm complaining is it's such a pain cleaning this goopy brown stuff that looks like poo from my wheel well that I'm assuming is all fom the axle

talonXracer
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
It is a mechanical creation, and as such is subject to chaos

The brown stuff would be grease, but that would seem to indicate a ripped CV boot as well.

smykhaisouk
06-24-2011, 08:47 AM
still could be poop...put your nose up to it and take a wiffff. hang in there man and have a little patience. i've got a long list of things to fix on this car and its growing. just take it one at a time and enjoy that sushiiiiiiii

NEO_FOLLOWER2
06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
It is a mechanical creation, and as such is subject to chaos

The brown stuff would be grease, but that would seem to indicate a ripped CV boot as well.

if your cv boot is throwing around grease...would you replace the axle or just the cv boot?
my cv boot is putting out a bit of grease...not much but still
120k miles so far on my ep...idk when the axle was changed last as i've own the car since around 80-90k miles

JaydmEp3
06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
if your cv boot is throwing around grease...would you replace the axle or just the cv boot?
my cv boot is putting out a bit of grease...not much but still
120k miles so far on my ep...idk when the axle was changed last as i've own the car since around 80-90k miles

i would jus replace the boot but if its been throwing out grease for awhile now try getting the gears rubuild also. read something if they have no grease after certain miles they begin to grind or sumthing. i replaced both my axles in the front. i lagged on fixing it so therefore had to replace the whole thing instead of jus having the cv boot replaced. jus depends on how long it takes u to fix it i gess.

Tnhatch03
06-25-2011, 02:52 PM
just replace the whole car then. :-)

j0000stin
06-25-2011, 02:54 PM
i feel you, thats why i got rid of my old ep. though i was the one to blame for the chaos, i put it through hell and back.

be patient and everything will be ok haha

mitchlikesbikes
06-25-2011, 04:21 PM
i feel you, thats why i got rid of my old ep. though i was the one to blame for the chaos, i put it through hell and back.

be patient and everything will be ok haha

you would think that there would be a lot more threads like this if you consider that the majority of people on here drive their ep3s like they stole them.

honda FTW!

skoolnu
06-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Like Doug said, it is a machine... things like this tend to happen. My boot ripped in half 1 day before my tune, couldn't get one in time, had to cancel the tune.... windshield broke, had the treads on a bolt hole for my tensioner come out with the bolt. I dont hate my EP, but I feel my EP hates me. So I feel your pain. You just have to come to accept the fact things like this are going to happen in this hobby.

talonXracer
06-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Like Doug said, it is a machine... things like this tend to happen. My boot ripped in half 1 day before my tune, couldn't get one in time, had to cancel the tune.... windshield broke, had the treads on a bolt hole for my tensioner come out with the bolt. I dont hate my EP, but I feel my EP hates me. So I feel your pain. You just have to come to accept the fact things like this are going to happen in this hobby.

Nah, that is not your car hating you, BUT it does prove that she is having an affair with the scroungy phucker mr Murphy!!!!!

skoolnu
06-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Nah, that is not your car hating you, BUT it does prove that she is having an affair with the scroungy phucker mr Murphy!!!!!

LMAO!!! god damn Murphy, I tell yeah!

civictype_r04
06-26-2011, 09:17 AM

I get that all the time when I put something new on my car its like shes never happy and always want new parts!!!!

apexracing
06-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Could of happened to any honda lol.

superd16girl
06-26-2011, 09:57 AM
My brother currently is hating my ep as I type this. Trying to change the clutch and flywheel and he is not having a good time....

Tnhatch03
06-26-2011, 10:03 AM
go help him!

get yo hands dirtay!!

superd16girl
06-26-2011, 10:06 AM
I do, but I just had my tonsils out and had an emergency surgery yesterday and its kinda hard to work on cars right now. I am doing little things to EP and my coupe that don't cause more pain.

Tnhatch03
06-26-2011, 10:10 AM
oh man!

yeah, ya better relax for a few hours... then man up... LOL... jk

superd16girl
06-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Haha ya. I do plenty of work on my cars, but right now I just need to chill a little bit. Plus when my brother is angry I don't like to be around.

sleepy ep3
06-26-2011, 10:45 AM
In a perfect world, my build would have been done 6 months ago. If you think you have problems stock, wait until you make major changes and spend thousands of dollars on shit that doesn't fit, wrong, needs modification, etc. Then start bitching, drink a beer, smoke a few, and then back to work. Welcome to ep's.

superd16girl
06-26-2011, 10:59 AM
^^^ Ya I have that problem with my coupe... Just as bad as the ep.

SkareKrow
06-26-2011, 11:06 AM
damn I love & hate my ep as well for a while I thought the car was cursed. Fix the slave cylinder 2 weeks later there goes the master cylinder. lol. oh how shat happens lol. Its a car... specially for me somr how im missing the bolt that connects to the Rear Transmission Motor Mount Bracket at the top it goes with the Tranny and Bracket. Trying to figure it out... And like a lot of peeps said have a lil patience. Youband the ep will be alright. T

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using TapaTalk Version 1.11.9a!

superd16girl
06-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Scratch that...

apexracing
06-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Scratch that...

scratch what?

superd16girl
06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
It double posted for some reason so I deleted the second post.

apexracing
06-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Haha ok thought maybe he got the car together and was no longer hating it :)

superd16girl
06-27-2011, 03:00 PM
No we still hate it. One of the alternator bolts took 4 hours to take out. It was turning easy and then got real hard. But it just came out not too long ago.

omgheyitskenny
06-28-2011, 04:54 PM
you would think that there would be a lot more threads like this if you consider that the majority of people on here drive their ep3s like they stole them.

honda FTW!

I drive the speed limit literally =\ my nasa car isn't even the ep

In a perfect world, my build would have been done 6 months ago. If you think you have problems stock, wait until you make major changes and spend thousands of dollars on shit that doesn't fit, wrong, needs modification, etc. Then start bitching, drink a beer, smoke a few, and then back to work. Welcome to ep's.

I have a k24 and a precision 6262 sitting in the garage ;) summer in az = I don't want to sit in the garage

gtecd20
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
i feel ya i need to switch my struts and right now in az heat sucks and having to be in the garage blows but hope it all works out for you

Garrett
06-28-2011, 06:41 PM
See i never have problems like alternators or slave cylinders or anything... my bolts always end up being stripped, and its so shitty. The bolt for my timing chain cap snapped.. my bolt for the spark plug snapped because my friend kept tightening.... lol i lost my key way for my crank pulley or whatever. I stripped the bolt for the header bracket. Stripped a lug nut...? then snapped it in half... how? haha vice grips do wonders. then i hammered on a socket and got it off with an impact. Rear camber bolt got stripped when taking it off. That little ten mm in my spc rear camber kit snapped it half had to drill it out.. and end rant haha

ace of spades
06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
<---- also a shit luck club member