PDA

View Full Version : fair price for used megan racing coilovers ?

i11 b3havior
06-24-2011, 07:53 AM
quick question, one of my good customers at acura has a set of slightly used megan racing coilovers (10k miles) what would be a fair price do you guys think for them ? they are about $650 new on ebay

MugenReplica
06-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Here's a scenario I have to write down for the way things have operated in ALL FORUM Classifieds ads for the last few years....

IMO, these days, you guys are overpaying for used parts. I've been modifying cars using used parts purchased online since 1998, in that time I have noticed prices fluctuate first up, and then down, and now up again. It used to be you could purchase items for 50-65% of their original retail value or slightly above, where as in the last couple of years prices have soared to 70-85% of their original retail cost. I really have no clue as to why people are paying those prices for used when for a few $$ more you can buy new and have a warranty and 0 miles on their purchase. So that said, i would never pay more than 65% for a USED part unless it was something, rare, unique, or JDM.

Cliff notes to help when buying USED....

-Pay a maximum of 65% of it's original retail value. (unless rare, unique, or JDM)

-Never believe a seller when he says phrases such as, "like new", "only 10k", "never beat on", etc., because he only wants your money.

-If you pay more than 65% an items retail cost when buying used, just buy it NEW. Most companies offer a warranty and WILL stand by their product. (ask me about warranty stories)

-Check, Double check, and triple check to make sure all parts are included with w/e you buy. If you don't see it, don't buy it. Most guys say "complete", but never actually provide a "complete" product. Again, all they really want is your $$$.

MugenReplica
06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
P.S. - To answer your question, I wouldn't pay over $423 plus shipping, but I'd try to pay $325-$370 plus shipping.

ep3jd
06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
PERFECTLY put

i11 b3havior
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
i have been doing this for quite sometime myself ! for well over 10 yrs buying and selling used parts. I know this guy he is one of my service customers so the milage is accurate I just don't know the quality of the product very well and I dont want to under pay or low ball him because he brings me good buisness but at the same time i really do not want to over pay ! i was thinking between $325 - $350 myself I just wanted to make sure it was fair

T_Virus
06-24-2011, 12:11 PM
are you sure it's not for a RSX and for the Ep3?