PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about kpro

StevieBush
06-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I am currently ordering a lot of parts for my car (cams, valve springs, retainers, kpro) and i was wanting to get all of this done at around the same time. The company that I'm gettin kpro through is including a free base map with my parts that ill have on my car, so I'm gonna go ahead and tell them that I have 272 cams and all of the things i just ordered so its ready to go right when i drop these parts in.. my only worry is that the map that will be on my hondata when i drive it to my mechanic is gonna be mapped for those cams and things, so will it affect it that much? or will i be safe driving on a cam tune even though im not cammed yet?

Nickle n Dimin
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
tow it to the tuner

StevieBush
06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
The closest company that i can get hondata from is 5 1/2 hours away

Nickle n Dimin
06-25-2011, 08:22 AM
you wont be safe driving a a non cammed car on a cammed tune for 5 1/2 hrs
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33650
this link has a list of tuners in virginia hope that helps ya some although you are in west virginia
you can always get in touch with 1 of them and maybe they can assit you in getting the car running and to the shop

talonXracer
06-25-2011, 09:40 AM
They will not be able to provide a base map that will be ANY better than what is already in the Kpro library, especially with some reground cams.

All you need to do to get the car to your mechanic with Kpro installed is to simply load up the base EP3 calibration, Kpro has many base cals already in the library. You are not going to recieve a new Kpro with a calibration already pre-loaded

You will still need to at least street tune the calibration as soon as you install your new engine components, the base maps are just that, a base starting point for tuning, not for plug and foget running(except for basic bolton cals).

StevieBush
06-26-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm overnighting my kpro and getting a map with all my parts on it based off of the base ep3 one, so it'll be a close thing to a tune until I have time to drive 400 miles to get a real one lol will I be okay to run the map with cams on the way to my mechanic so he can install em? It's like a 15 minute drive

sleepy ep3
06-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't trust a shipped tune. Just sayin

heyvortek
06-26-2011, 05:28 PM
online tuning would be the next best option. magnesium, evans, and so on....

StevieBush
06-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Could i like get a map from someone on here and put it in?

StevieBush
06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Nvm guys i think i have it all situated :) throwing in the cams, safe driving home from the mechanic, sending off my ecu to get kpro, using the basemap for my car thats included, datalogging then sending it to an etuner service

ep3jd
06-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Why are you putting the cams in first??? Just get kpro then install the cams........

StevieBush
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Im going to the remix show in charlotte so i may get hondata and drive down with that then come back n throw on the cams

StevieBush
06-27-2011, 01:11 PM
They will not be able to provide a base map that will be ANY better than what is already in the Kpro library, especially with some reground cams.

All you need to do to get the car to your mechanic with Kpro installed is to simply load up the base EP3 calibration, Kpro has many base cals already in the library. You are not going to recieve a new Kpro with a calibration already pre-loaded

You will still need to at least street tune the calibration as soon as you install your new engine components, the base maps are just that, a base starting point for tuning, not for plug and foget running(except for basic bolton cals).

Would i be good to get kpro, load up the base map, drive it to have the cams installed then drive it home while datalogging then have it etuned?

AKEP
07-04-2011, 07:32 AM
that looks to be the best bet, i would set you vtec out of the way so you don't hit it (at/above redline), baby the hell out of it untill you get that etune sent out. they'll tell you where to set vtec/do it for you.

StevieBush
07-05-2011, 09:45 AM
That's what I'm gonna do I believe, and I was looking on the forum and couldn't find a how to on how to remove the ecu, can anyone help me with that?

04sidriver
07-05-2011, 09:57 AM
That's what I'm gonna do I believe, and I was looking on the forum and couldn't find a how to on how to remove the ecu, can anyone help me with that?

You have to loosen your glove box and there are four bolts holding it in.

I would recommend evans tuning. He will send you a basemap base on your mods and you email back and forth until your tune is done

StevieBush
07-05-2011, 10:03 AM
is it located in the pane underneath the glovebox above the floor? or literally inside the glovebox to the back

04sidriver
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
is it located in the pane underneath the glovebox above the floor? or literally inside the glovebox to the back

its behind the glovebox

StevieBush
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Okay I'm gonna try to find it now and I'll post again if I have any other questions..thank you!