PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Racing Oil Cap

mitchlikesbikes
06-24-2011, 04:34 PM
just saw this on hybrid's website, seems like an awesome design and it looks good. i don't think i could justify paying $80 for any oil cap though.

what do you guys think about it?

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/hybrid-racing-k-series-slim-oil-cap.html

RHCP0801
06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
i just saw this too, pretty cool design but they cost too much money

the swagga gold would go well with my swagga gold hr fuel rail though :mcool:

USAF EP3
06-24-2011, 05:50 PM
That's 80 bones I doubt I will ever part with lol.

mitchlikesbikes
06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah i agree that the price is ridiculous. same thing with their weighted knob and shift cable bushings. i wanna support them because i like what they're doing with their products but i don't wanna get shafted for it either haha

USAF EP3
06-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Although after browsing their store my interest was piqued by their shifter cables. That's some coin I might spend to replace my cables when they bust.

MadLorEP3
06-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Although after browsing their store my interest was piqued by their shifter cables. That's some coin I might spend to replace my cables when they bust.
x2 on the shifter cables

not diggin their oil cap design...

hrRUSS
06-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey guys, I saw this thread and wanted to chime in. I was the designer of this cap. The price IS higher than competing oil caps but it all really comes down to the cost to manufacture them on our end.

It's just like our shifter cable bushings...the design is superior to competing units, but the superior design dictates a more involved manufacturing process and additional parts that drive the cost up. Our business model is based around better parts, not cheaper parts. It works for us but of course it's not for everyone.

On the bright side, you just cannot get an oil cap that is as easy to open and slim at the same time. I've used a few different aftermarket oil caps over the years and this is the first one I've used that is easier to open than Honda's design.

Thanks for the feedback guys, we always take it into consideration!

~russ

talonXracer
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
A very unique oil cap, very slim and I love the hidden handle.

I have seen people pay far more for far less. Take for instance, most aftermarket fuel rails which flow less than stock and cost well over 100 bones, but if it adds to the look you are going for it is well worth the extra coin for quality like these oil caps.

PS people, they are not made in China

ep3jd
06-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I gotta say, if I was in the position to dress up my bay, I would get this.

Adam, your should get ever gold one, it would look sweeeet.

RHCP0801
06-27-2011, 07:33 PM
yeaaaaaaaaa not sure about that

RedSiBaron
06-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, I saw this thread and wanted to chime in. I was the designer of this cap. The price IS higher than competing oil caps but it all really comes down to the cost to manufacture them on our end.

It's just like our shifter cable bushings...the design is superior to competing units, but the superior design dictates a more involved manufacturing process and additional parts that drive the cost up. Our business model is based around better parts, not cheaper parts. It works for us but of course it's not for everyone.

On the bright side, you just cannot get an oil cap that is as easy to open and slim at the same time. I've used a few different aftermarket oil caps over the years and this is the first one I've used that is easier to open than Honda's design.

Thanks for the feedback guys, we always take it into consideration!

~russ

this man speaks the truth, hybrid is a quality company run by great people...they arent out to jack up prices so you pay extra for bling...

most of you people have zero clue as to what goes into manufacturing parts, you couldnt have it CNC'd for $80

also,

RUSS, are the HR guys making it to IA? I had a good time partying with everyone at eibach...or should i say the night before eibach...

hrRUSS
06-28-2011, 08:28 AM
this man speaks the truth, hybrid is a quality company run by great people...they arent out to jack up prices so you pay extra for bling...

most of you people have zero clue as to what goes into manufacturing parts, you couldnt have it CNC'd for $80

also,

RUSS, are the HR guys making it to IA? I had a good time partying with everyone at eibach...or should i say the night before eibach...
Hells yeah we're going. And I'm bringing my whip too:mcool:

RedSiBaron
06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Hells yeah we're going. And I'm bringing my whip too:mcool:

haha awesome! Well swing by the top1/team function booth at some point if we don't see you before that, though im sure brian will track down tim before saturday haha, well have the car finished and on display, and well be running sunday, IF we can get a trailer for the event, if we can't, im not letting the car go on the track...

USAF EP3
06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I wasn't really complaining about them jacking prices just to do so Baron, I just don't feel it's justified to shell out that much for an oil cap, that's all.

Note, I later then said I would any day shell out the pretty pennies for their shifter cables because I do know what quality is and how far it will take you than certain other products.

I guess you can say I'm more of a function guy than form. I'll spend the cash on more critical parts that directly correlate to performance.

I just don't see any gains from using an $80 HR oil cap compared to my current $30 J's racing cap..it plugs up a hole in my valve cover, not much else..

heyvortek
06-28-2011, 07:13 PM
ordered a gold one. will have pics up this weekend. along with other goodies ;)

hrRUSS
06-29-2011, 08:03 AM
haha awesome! Well swing by the top1/team function booth at some point if we don't see you before that, though im sure brian will track down tim before saturday haha, well have the car finished and on display, and well be running sunday, IF we can get a trailer for the event, if we can't, im not letting the car go on the track...

We'll have a booth too. All of our products will be on display along with a few customer cars. Come get an awesome sauce air freshener :)