PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust covers broken, easy fix?

Aaron_in_MO
06-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Numbers 6 & 7 on this page (http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?hidSwitch=&hidIrno=&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=EXHAUST+PIPE+-+MUFFLER&vinsrch=no&ListAll=&prdrefno=&act=&count=0&quantity=0) appear to have corroded to the point that at least one of them is hanging down, banging around as I drive.

Is this an easy bolt-on type repair--which I could do myself--or is any welding involved? I'd prefer to do it myself if I can, just to save a few bucks.

Twisted-X
06-25-2011, 03:28 PM
They're just heat shields to prevent you from starting someones field on fire if you park in tall grass. I'd just cut them off.

If you wanted to save them, I've had some luck on old cars by using giant stainless steel band clamps around the covers.

boricua4life
06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
you dont reallly need them.. i took them off mine when i installed my header n exhaust. im pretty sure you can get one fairly cheap in the forsalethread and probably not corroded. save you the trouble from basically welding it or getting some clamps to hang on to it IMO