PDA

View Full Version : what to look for k20a trans

ivtec_do_u
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
I sourced a k20a trans locally with an lsd. looking to trade a set of wheels for it. What should i look for and is there anyway to confirm it is functional? Thanks for the help guys.

RedSiBaron
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
only thing id think you could do is drain the oil or put your finger inside the trans and look for metal in the oil...also take the shaft (that slides through the clutch assembly into the crank) on the trans and turn it and listen for strange clicking (most trans will make some sort of consistent rotational noise)

anybody else think of anything?

ivtec_do_u
06-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It is supposedly being gone over at a dealership right now, but I take thatt with a grain of salt. Sibaron you have progress springs right? How do you like the ride/handling?

RedSiBaron
06-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It is supposedly being gone over at a dealership right now, but I take thatt with a grain of salt. Sibaron you have progress springs right? How do you like the ride/handling?

absolutely love them, fantastic ride and handling the rates are actually higher than most springs that come with coilovers without revalving, and would be a slight rate increase over that of the type r...when paired with koni, the response, comfort, and dampening is unparalleled

ivtec_do_u
06-28-2011, 08:16 AM
I was looking to pair them up with d-specs, I hope that would work out well. Im dumping these soft ass racelands and quitting the silly looks thing trying to realize the performance potential of our car. Thanks for the responses.