PDA

View Full Version : jrsc belt tearing

05 hatch
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I am having some issues with my setup. I have now ripped one rib off of two belts now. What is happening is when i get up to a high rpm (around 7k) the belt will shred a rib off of the driver side and move over on the supercharger pulley. I've just emailed pulley boys to see if they have had any manufacturing issues with a pulley. When i swapped the pulley i simply unbolted the old one, pulled it off with my hands and bolted the new one on. Is there a installation tool that is needed? Has anybody ever ran into an issue like this?

My setup:
3.8" pulley boys pulley
modified oem auto tensioner
gatorback 62.2"

Ba82Ep3
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds like your auto tensioner took a shit on you. When your engine is running at idle, watch the tensioner and see if it bounces around instead of holding consistent pressure on the belt. You may need to rev the engine a little while doing so. If so then its done, and that is why your belt is skipping off the pully...

05 hatch
06-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Sounds like your auto tensioner took a shit on you. When your engine is running at idle, watch the tensioner and see if it bounces around instead of holding consistent pressure on the belt. You may need to rev the engine a little while doing so. If so then its done, and that is why your belt is skipping off the pully...

Alright ill check that out. This is my second auto tensioner. Also, after the rib rips off, I'm able to drive the shit out of my car and nothing else happens to the belt.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ba82Ep3
06-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Why two tensioners?

Look to be sure the SC pulley lines up with the alternator pulley below it. Either you need a longer belt and youre blowing out tensioners or something isnt lined up right.

05 hatch
06-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Why two tensioners?

Look to be sure the SC pulley lines up with the alternator pulley below it. Either you need a longer belt and youre blowing out tensioners or something isnt lined up right.

Two tensioners because the first one I cut off the whole front bolt hole. Oops, haha. Anyway, I think im running the same belt size as everybody else.

willy_akino
06-30-2011, 11:12 PM
why arent you using the tensioner from the jrsc?

05 hatch
06-30-2011, 11:56 PM
why arent you using the tensioner from the jrsc?

Don't want to adjust it all the time. Bought my kit used and it didn't come with the bolts so I never used it. Wanna trade pulleys to see if its the problem. Hehe.

willy_akino
07-02-2011, 10:36 PM
i installed another HEX bolt in between the screw so it wont get loose ill try and get a pic of it

05 hatch
07-03-2011, 04:28 AM
i installed another HEX bolt in between the screw so it wont get loose ill try and get a pic of it

Cool thanks. What was the process you did for swapping out your pulleys? Funny question but um just trying to figure out what's going wrong with this thing.

05 hatch
07-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Why two tensioners?

Why wouldn't it be lined up right? All I did to swap out the pulley is take off the old street pulley and put the new 3.8 on. Is there a certain process? What do you auto tensioner guys do to put your belt on?