PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Upstate Ny

Oght
07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Just got my first ep3 and am mc lovin it. Ny is pretty harsh on vehicles as some of you know but i managed to find a stock 04 si that has never been driven in winter with only hold your pants 48k miles. I paid to much but how much is too much haha. Check it out. Still tryin to decide what mods to go with. Thinkin of starting with a whales penis then perhaps an apexi world? maybe a skunk2 intake mani? idk let me know what you think of it. I also plan to lower it maybe an 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inches but the roads here suck most of the year. also thinking of picking up some 16's instead. more torque and less expensive rubber. something deep dish preferable so if someone wants to buy stock si wheels let me know. im ranting just check it out.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a441/ogHt/honda3.jpg

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a441/ogHt/honda1.jpg

hyu
07-01-2011, 05:34 PM
You'd be surprised most16's cost more than 17's

trolling from the cellphone

whatsvtec
07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Welcome! Looks like you need an HFP front lip :mbiggrin:
Keep the 17's, they look great, and are honda HFP(rarer).
Where about Upstate are you from? It's a really broad description :mwink:

Oght
07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I do need a front lip! haha. It looks so incomplete. I do like my rims but I Love offset rims. So would probably part with these to put towards others. Well see though first I need to lower it a bit. I thought my car was the shit until i started looking at all of yours. Im from Afton its about 175 miles south from you if by rawchester your speaking of Rochester haha.

usedep3
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
ooo i would love to take those rims off your hands

clean looking ep. when you said you we a new member from upstate ny, i thought you were the guy that bought my friend's 05 TW ep

whatsvtec
07-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Yup, good ol' Rutchester, NY! I see you've picked up on my accent :mwink:

Don't worry man, plenty of people have ep's that still look like garbage (mine) hahaha.
The car looks awesome! Did you pick it up in NY or PA?

Oght
07-02-2011, 10:54 AM
i picked it up in utica 2 weeks ago. my car took a dump (84 rabbit gti) and got tired of dealing with that old german bastard so decided i wanted something that would last me 5 or 6 years but still actually move and look good. Honda was the answer i suppose. He had a guy flying in from Oklahoma and another coming to look at it from PA. so i jumped on it.

Oght
07-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Ive thought about just getting the rims powder coated a goldish color. I like them alot maybe once i lower it a bit it wont need it. Anybody have a good source to buy a front lip for this thing? I know seibon has a couple i like but dont wanna jump too soon. anybody have a good first mod idea?

skoolnu
07-02-2011, 01:14 PM
i picked it up in utica 2 weeks ago. my car took a dump (84 rabbit gti) and got tired of dealing with that old german bastard so decided i wanted something that would last me 5 or 6 years but still actually move and look good. Honda was the answer i suppose. He had a guy flying in from Oklahoma and another coming to look at it from PA. so i jumped on it.

LAMO!!! Thats a VW for yeah! Welcome, clean ride... your pretty down state, for up state. lol.

talonXracer
07-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Welcome to EPhatch, especially a neighbor! well just abouts, I am down near the Hancock, East branch area.

Rust is a fact of life, just make sure there is no Dynamatt on the floor of your ride and double check your spare tire area for dampness.

Forget about the junk2 intake mani, greatly overpriced and other than at WOT in the very upper rpm's it is a downgrade, there is not enough compression in the stock engine nor does it use half as much air flow as required for this mani to actually start working. It is a great boost mani if you can get over the price. A far better and cheaper choice would be a RBC mani. you would also need Kpro to get the most out of ANY intake exhaust modification.

skoolnu
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Welcome to EPhatch, especially a neighbor! well just abouts, I am down near the Hancock, East branch area.

Rust is a fact of life, just make sure there is no Dynamatt on the floor of your ride and double check your spare tire area for dampness.

Forget about the junk2 intake mani, greatly overpriced and other than at WOT in the very upper rpm's it is a downgrade, there is not enough compression in the stock engine nor does it use half as much air flow as required for this mani to actually start working. It is a great boost mani if you can get over the price. A far better and cheaper choice would be a RBC mani. you would also need Kpro to get the most out of ANY intake exhaust modification.

Listen to Doug, he knows his shit.

talonXracer
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
your pretty down state, for up state. lol.

LOL, these here parts are the boonies, what we should do is start a flush the city movement, give that cesspool a good flush and let Jersey deal with it, from I84 south, good riddance!

Oght
07-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Haha hancock is even considered upstate. I live maybe 30 or 40 minutes from hancock. If you were from new york you'd understand we call it upstate because it may be 2 hours from the city but its totally different. Were not citiots up here and we like that to be know. Hence the term upstate :) thanks for the advice on the intake mani btw I've just been loooking at bolt on aftermarket. I'm trying to get a little more power out of it without sacrificing reliability. Also what's This dynamatt you speak of so I know what I'm looking for?

qnzjay69
07-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the ep3 world fellow new yorker!

Oght
07-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys

eternal780
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
ive always love this color and with HFP everything you cant go wrong nice car bro

krod
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
great looking ride bro,welcome to ephatch

ep3jd
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Hit up RHCP0801, he has these wheels with spacers and they're petty damn flush without a real roll.

I think 15 mm all around.

Looks goood!

apexracing
07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey welcome to the site from a central New Yorker!

Oght
07-09-2011, 09:28 AM
hmm spacers never even crossed my mind. ive been too worried about getting an aftermarket timing chain tensioner and other goodies haha. i would like to lower it eventually but living where i live makes me not want it so much

ep3jd
07-09-2011, 10:00 AM
LI is just as bad, and my car.... Well its pretty low lol