PDA

View Full Version : 83 DX hatch type S????

zensuit
12-29-2002, 08:52 AM
What's the deal on this car? I can get one in 9.5/10 condition with 125,000 original miles...standard...would it be worth buying to mod for drag strip? I don;t know the engine code...help an ex-newbie out!

Z

tkm
12-29-2002, 03:00 PM
It wasn't a Type S. It was just a Civic S. Basically a 1500 motor with the Sport package (hence the S). Sport package = red trim, side moldings, different seats, etc.

Not a drag car by any means, but if it is in good condition and you can pick it up cheap, they are worth something to a Honda collector. Just don't go modding the piss out of it or trying to swap motors, because nothing is easy to do on that car.

My advice is to buy it, keep it stock and clean it up and enjoy it for what it is. You won't lose any money.

zensuit
12-29-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by tkm

My advice is to buy it, keep it stock and clean it up and enjoy it for what it is. You won't lose any money. [/B]

Thanks for the info! I was thinking of buying and giving it a good once over for a friend's kid...he deserves to drive something with a cool history...unless it was a drag car sleeper...which it clearly isn't...cool.

Z