PDA

View Full Version : Tire Squeal please help.

JJay.
07-04-2011, 03:30 AM
At around 15-20mph+ my front right tire starts squealing whenever I turn on a painted road surface. (example: white bike lines, yellow dotted lines, yellow solid lines or anything shiny.)

Is this only a problem with my tire as it is losing traction? I currently have BF goodrich tires which came with my car from the dealer.

MBaG
07-04-2011, 03:37 AM
do you have a proper alignment?

JJay.
07-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Oh sorry , i forgot to mention that i just dropped my car 2 inches yesterday and my alignment is off. Could that possibly fix this solution? I was going to get an alignment today but all the shops closed , so most likely tuesday i'll get one since tomorrow is 4th of july.

AKEP
07-04-2011, 07:18 AM
yeah your alignment is messed up, i thought it was general knowledge you gotta get an alignment once you mess with the suspension or change tires, guess not.

if you're dropped pretty low, i'd suggest not driving anymore until you can get an alignment.

27rocks
07-04-2011, 08:10 AM
It's most likely alignment issues, but pretty much any car turning on a painted surface will make that noise. Paint + tires = noise. However it sounds like you are hearing it all the time which brings me to the conclusion you have either a butt load of toe in or toe out which magnifies the amount of load on the tire while turning. Get an alignment asap.