PDA

View Full Version : Need help on what I should do?

Bns2000
07-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Went the the dealer because I was having issues starting my car. Well I received bad news they said i needed to:

1. Replace both O2 Sensors
2. Head gasket Blown
3. Said I need bigger Fuel Injectors
4. Need to get the ECU Flashed to run aftermarket items (Kpro?)

I don't see why I need bigger Fuel Injectors, all that is done is K&N CAI Typhoon Kit and I think a 4" exhaust with a High-Flow Cat.

What else should I do?

I am going to install all of this my self and I am looking to spend no more then $2500 do get this running good again.

RHCP0801
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
4" exhaust!??!! yea i doubt that, no need to run that big of an exhaust at all. Why they hell would they say you need bigger injectors and a reflash when all you have is an intake and exhaust?

What are the problems with your car to begin with? do you have a check engine light on for the oxygen sensors? is your car using coolant quickly and not leaking anywhere? need some more info

Bns2000
07-08-2011, 08:58 PM
That is what they told me but that sounded a little big to me. Ill go look in a sec to make sure what size it is.

Yes car had Codes
P0300
P0301
P0302
P0303
P1167
P1166
P0141

I have to fill up the coolant every week. And its not dripping on the floor. Also the radiator cap has a good about of oil on it.

OK after looking at it it looks like the pipe is a 2 1/4" lol that High-Flow cat is a 4".

RHCP0801
07-09-2011, 11:47 AM
wow the dealer you took the car is full of morons, i would take the car to another dealer or another trusted mechanic because if you cant tell a cat from an exhaust than you should not be working on cars....anyway

if there is oil on the radiator cap you do need a headgasket. it should also look kind of like chocolate milk

the misfires can be multiple things, from bad spark plugs to bad coil packs and bad fuel injectors. I would pull the plugs to make sure they arent coated in oil or anything, do you know when the last time they were changed?

What i would do is take the car to another dealer or somewhere that knows the difference between a cat and an exhaust and let them do the head gasket job and figure out the misfire

Bns2000
07-09-2011, 02:30 PM
I changed the spark plugs about 2 months ago. Got ngk iridium plugs. Also I had the dealer remove my fuel injectors and check the coils they said they where good.

Also the plugs look good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

T_Virus
07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
with $2500, I'd say swap.

talonXracer
07-11-2011, 12:56 PM
with $2500, I'd say swap.

I would say swap as well, find a 02'-04' typeS engine,ECU and trans, OR get a k24A1 and Kpro

Your head gasket is shot, that can cause the misfire codes.

The leaking coolant probably took out the o2 sensor heaters.

Did you purchase the car new or used, if used, how many miles before you saw coolant loss?

And you do not need larger injectors, friggin morons, BUT BEFORE purchasing any parts, do your own checks, drain the coolant and engine oil(use cheap stuff) and then do a compression leakdown test, you can lease/borrow from most any auto parts places. I have seen rather unscrupulous mechanics cause issues, or exaggerate them to pad the bill. VERIFY ! VERIFY ! VERIFY !