PDA

View Full Version : ep3 fog lights

kale's blue ep3
07-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Im not looking into the oem ones they are just to expensive. Ebay has a bunch of different ones is there any decent ones that does not come with a huge headache? I know it wont compare to oem quality.

ghil1984
07-10-2011, 08:38 PM
i just install a yellow fog light from ebay at first it was a pain in the ass putting it cause the wiring is different from the oem so its was confusing luckily i got a friend of mine that help me to put it on we just directly wired it and it works perfect hope u find a fog light that u want

jed_averill
07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I got the yellow ebay ones. In my experience, the install was exactly the same as the OEM install manual. The pain is actually getting into the fuse box. If you got small hands/fingers then it'd be easier.

kale's blue ep3
07-11-2011, 03:29 AM
I got the yellow ebay ones. In my experience, the install was exactly the same as the OEM install manual. The pain is actually getting into the fuse box. If you got small hands/fingers then it'd be easier.

do you know the seller on eBay you got yours from? Or what price range they were in because I see them go from 30 to 100. I wonder if the wiring is different from the cheap ones to the more expensive ones

PatrickJamesYu
07-11-2011, 02:21 PM
do you know the seller on eBay you got yours from? Or what price range they were in because I see them go from 30 to 100. I wonder if the wiring is different from the cheap ones to the more expensive ones

I personally believe they are all the same
Just get the cheapies.
I think I payed $35 shipped for mine a while back.

jed_averill
07-11-2011, 03:34 PM

Got it from this dealer. Should be around $40 + shipping:

http://myworld.ebay.com/jdminnovation

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I personally believe they are all the same
Just get the cheapies.
I think I payed $35 shipped for mine a while back.

really....
i've waiting for money to come around to buy oem ones...

i'd like to see side by side comparison pictures of the ALL the differences lol

what about the switch? does it fit into one of those extra holes on the dash perfectly?

Pandamanda22
07-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I just ordered some Spyder foglights from eBay for 38 shipped. I thought
I might as well give it a shot for the price. I will post the results here.

smashinvtec
07-11-2011, 10:54 PM
i got mine from craigslist. they r ebay ones and some parts wer a headache but u just have to give it a shot

EPSU3
07-12-2011, 06:44 AM
I have both a Spyder set from ebay and an oem set. The ebay set didn't have a ground and never worked. Got a great deal on an oem kit, but it didn't work either. Apparently I have a short somewhere. I'm hard pressed to take it to the dealer and spend money to find out why my $120 oem kit isn't working. But side by side the ebay kit is garbage. Quality is no where close. The good thing is that noone is ever going to grab your foglights to see how cheap they feel. I say get the ebay kit but get an oem switch, since the switch is the only part you have to look at and touch.

jubaque
07-12-2011, 07:35 AM
i'm using the ebay fog for almost a year without any problem...
installation was easy except i bought the usdm for my jdm bumper... so have to modified it to fit.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-17-2011, 12:39 AM
where can you buy just an oem switch?

anyone have a side by side comparison picture of the switch?

i'm in the market for a foglight kit but also on a budget.
oem is kind've expensive...

02TWSI
07-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Oem switch is available at dealerships for like $25...sorry if this pic is huge but I'm unable to resize
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/andrew5189/Dr00s%20EP3/fogpicsuninstalled004.jpg

Left is OEM right is eBay

PatrickJamesYu
07-17-2011, 01:28 AM
really....
i've waiting for money to come around to buy oem ones...

i'd like to see side by side comparison pictures of the ALL the differences lol

what about the switch? does it fit into one of those extra holes on the dash perfectly?

I had to sand mine on the sides to fit.
Most people upgrade the switch to the rsx switch or something else OEM.

After that, most people upgrade the harness over time.

$35 for just the housings really isn't that bad in my opinion.
They don't look the best, but yeah

From the driver seat, they do absolutely don't help me see anything at night, in fog.
But if you're going for the look, I think they do fine.

I'm not sure how OEM does as far as true function

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-17-2011, 09:26 AM
hm. function is my main purpose. if i'm going to buy lights i want them to help me see better.

i would like to assume that oem will be much better than ebay in terms of actualy function??

EDIT: lol i hate to be the one who keeps asking for pictures. but does anyone have the beam pattern of both an ebay set and an oem set

ep3jd
07-17-2011, 09:55 AM
RHCP0801 has oem fogs, with yellow laminex. They're incredibly bright and I love them. I'm jealous of how much road is light up with them. My ebay ones don't even work. Lol

hyu
07-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I guess buying foglights from ebay is the same as buying turbos... Its hit or miss =/

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-18-2011, 11:50 AM
RHCP0801 has oem fogs, with yellow laminex. They're incredibly bright and I love them. I'm jealous of how much road is light up with them. My ebay ones don't even work. Lol

lol. ok thanks for the info. i'm definitely going oem as well.

jed_averill
07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
^it doesn't work because he didn't wire it.

Those ebay fogs are bright. Even brighter with HIDs, but if you must go OEM then I'm not going to stop you, nothing wrong with that at all.

si03
07-18-2011, 06:11 PM
whats a trusted site to get oem fogs from ?

si03
07-18-2011, 06:18 PM
just found these http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html. pricey !

jed_averill
07-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Ofcourse it's pricey. If I were you, I would get ebay fogs and then put HID (or not) and just adjust the projection to your desire. That's just me though.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-18-2011, 09:31 PM
^it doesn't work because he didn't wire it.

Those ebay fogs are bright. Even brighter with HIDs, but if you must go OEM then I'm not going to stop you, nothing wrong with that at all.

oh...i misread the post "don't even work"

as 'they dont work they just light up for show but are dim'

hmm...decisions decisions...

i'd like to see ebay non hid vs oem beam pattern/distance side by side still lol

ep3jd
07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
For 30 bucks I think you should just pull the [ebay]trigger and hope for the best lol

PatrickJamesYu
07-18-2011, 09:36 PM
oh...i misread the post "don't even work"

as 'they dont work they just light up for show but are dim'

hmm...decisions decisions...

i'd like to see ebay non hid vs oem beam pattern/distance side by side still lol

I think Martin did a retrofit with projectors fogs and they lit the road up incredibly.
But the ebay fogs have zero "cut off" or anything.
I didn't put HID's in mine simply to protect other drivers, and pedestrians.
I don't know if they will be terribly blinding or anything, but maybe if I stumble upon a set, I'd try it out