PDA

View Full Version : Doing my spring and shock setup , help with instaltion

the_real_7
07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Im doing my spring and shock setup and also camber kit , I have the rsx (dc5 ) link with pictures . . . but I would like to ask some questions with my setup since itll be my first time doing myself , Ill be using the following parts

Tokico D Spec Shocks 02-up Civic SI
Eibach Camber Kit 02-up Civic SI Front and Back
Progresss Springs

1. I have a compressor would it be a good idea for me to rent a impact gun for some of the harder bolts
2. How do i keep the front axles from comming out
3. Do i cut the bumpstops on the ep3 on all 4 wheels
4. Are the any parts like extra bolt i should have just in case
5.Where do I install the front bolt Eibach Camber

any help appreciated

Andrew
07-12-2011, 10:23 AM
you can rent an impact gun to make it easier. the axles i used a spare jackstand to keep the knuckle assembly up or you can use a rope or something. the bumpstops i think it is a personal preferance whereas i never did that and the front camber kit bolts replace to top bolt on each side out of the 2 bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle.

the_real_7
07-12-2011, 11:28 AM
you can rent an impact gun to make it easier. the axles i used a spare jackstand to keep the knuckle assembly up or you can use a rope or something. the bumpstops i think it is a personal preferance whereas i never did that and the front camber kit bolts replace to top bolt on each side out of the 2 bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle.
Thanks Andrew for response , I think i will cut the bump stop just in case then , cuase i keep reading these forum with people that hear they're progress springs making noise on certain installations . good the camber screw is just part of the jon then cuase ill have to take aprt the strut from the knuckle anyways . . . Hopefully job is like 3 hours

27rocks
07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Andrew for response , I think i will cut the bump stop just in case then , cuase i keep reading these forum with people that hear they're progress springs making noise on certain installations . good the camber screw is just part of the jon then cuase ill have to take aprt the strut from the knuckle anyways . . . Hopefully job is like 3 hoursIt's going to take you longer then 3 hours if you've never done anything like this before. Just remember to take your time with everything and don't get frustrated if something goes wrong (like axle popping out). If you get stuck on something or need some help just post back in here and i'm sure someone will help you rather quickly.

the_real_7
07-12-2011, 05:21 PM
It's going to take you longer then 3 hours if you've never done anything like this before. Just remember to take your time with everything and don't get frustrated if something goes wrong (like axle popping out). If you get stuck on something or need some help just post back in here and i'm sure someone will help you rather quickly.

thanks for the heads up on taking my time . . . I think I definitely will , its the reason why im doing myself in the first place , I just dont feel safe with someone damaging my shock or installing incorrectly , Hopefully all goes well I keep you guys informed of the progress ;)
shocks should be here from showstopper this week . . . .

udontknowjack
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Ahh... Tokico D spec shock.... I still have them sitting in the garage somewhere for sale

Same set up as I had before... You r gonna like it..!