PDA

View Full Version : delayed acceleration

HOTTPISS
07-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I am trying to figure out what is causing this. when i am at a dead stop and i press down on the gas pedal there is about a 2-3 period where is seams like it is struggling to get gas, then it will pick up and seem fine after that. A check engine light came on and got an Evap leak readout, could this be what is causing the delayed acceleration. also this happens in and out of gear. I haven't located the Evap leak but i was going to replace the gas cap to see if the check engine light would shut off. any ideas?

_thanks

Pandamanda22
07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
My check engine light is not on nor am I throwing any codes and my car is like that too. I think it is just the fact that K20a3 is not so strong. Although my engine might also be screwed up. Have not done a compression test or anything

whatsvtec
07-12-2011, 02:06 PM
My check engine light is not on nor am I throwing any codes and my car is like that too. I think it is just the fact that K20a3 is not so strong. Although my engine might also be screwed up. Have not done a compression test or anything

Check your throttle cable adjustment. I think you're just expecting more out of the a3 :mwink:

Pandamanda22
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Lol yea I don't expect much from this engine. K24a2 ftw! I want one soon :(

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Check your throttle cable adjustment. I think you're just expecting more out of the a3 :mwink:

yepp check your throttle cable

if the throttle cable is loose, your gas pedal with have play thus giving less throttle response

simple fix no problem literally take you 3 minutes max

if thats not it...then you have a more serious problem

does your gas pedal have a little play in it?

smykhaisouk
07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
i've had this issue since i bought the car brand new in 03. i never got around to fixing it but it doesnt bother me much. i only notice this when i have the a/c load on. otherwise it drives and accelerates fine. does it hesitate between 2-3k rpm?

HOTTPISS
07-13-2011, 07:05 AM
thanks it was definitely the throttle cable. il be adjusting it tonight hopefully that will fix it.

RHCP0801
07-13-2011, 07:08 AM
make sure you do it while the engine is warm, if you adjust it while its cold the idle might be high when you finally have the engine warmed up

HOTTPISS
07-15-2011, 07:39 PM
so i adjusted both the idler cable and the throttle cable as both were loose. but when sitting idle my rpms raise slightly and then the car almost stalls out. could it be the throttle position sensor?