PDA

View Full Version : PICK my suspension. . .

Type X
12-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Well after talking to a few friends i have narrowed it down to this. . .

1- Tein springs

2- Skunk 2 coilovers

and does anyone else know of any shocks to work with these 2 things?
i really don't wanna run oem shocks with springs or coils

chunky
12-29-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Type X

i really don't wanna run oem shocks with springs or coils

so you want to ride on bump stops? or maybe you're looking for a leaf suspension? airbags?

kidding aside, i'd suggest the tien springs. i'm not a huge fan of coilover sleeves.

02SilverSiHB
01-01-2003, 03:35 PM
I really don't care for skunk....so go for tein. If I were you, I'd save your money like me and wait for a full tein kit :D

But anyway...as for shocks...the only thing we have to chose from is koni and which you know you have to cut the top of your stock strut to put the koni perch on (only in the fronts).

redlineracing
01-01-2003, 09:07 PM
I've had damn good luck with tein in the past so I'd go with them if you're trying to throw your money away right now. What I mean is, if you have the patience wait and get the full tein kit.

Quicksilver
01-02-2003, 12:42 AM
I think H&R has their "cup kit" released, which would be a good alternative to the springs/konis combo. It's not up on their site yet, but I've been told the coilovers were available. If that's true, the cup kit should be out also. It's basically just going to replace your stock struts/shocks and springs with a performance equivalent. The struts/shocks have self adjusting dampners (unlike Konis), but the retail price should be cheaper than springs/konis. Retail should be around $700 or slightly less if you do some research. If you want height adjustment, go with Tein or H&R coilovers. It may take longer to save the money, but it's worth it to invest in the better product first.