PDA

View Full Version : Battery light on

joeschmoe
07-13-2011, 04:16 PM
2002 civic si

So i took my engine and tranny out, to relpace cams, clutch, head bolts, head gasket, and engine mounts, well finished putting everything in and my battery light is on and only a charged battery will work, i tried to use my battery and it doesnt turn over or crank unless there are cables on it. and once you take them off like 30 seconds the car dies, i asked my friend to unplud the wires ecu wires but he unplugged the wrong three i think he did the ones from the other box, ecm? i think, its labled mitsubishi elect. corp. but i checked my alternator cause thats usually why a battery wont charge but it was only a month old and they people at advanced auto and autozone both said the alternator was good. do i have to reset anything to get the charge system stuff to function sense my friend unplugged those other plugs? im beyond lost..

just a list of things ive checked,

grounds, alternator, made sure everything was plugged in and bolted down, fuses,

i did drive it around on a friends battery to make sure everything else was working right but i didnt drive it long enough to see if it was draining the battery or not, but this battery light is making me very paranoid about using it as my DD again.

talonXracer
07-13-2011, 04:24 PM
pull the battery out and charge it fully. Check the connectors on the power distribution/relay box which is against below the ECU. Check the alternator for output.

joeschmoe
07-13-2011, 04:36 PM
ive neevr heard of that before, but does it have a and special colord connections? like yellow and brown by chance? im looking under there and everythign is plugged in and im pushing and double checking. wiring parts i havnt really learned yet.

talonXracer
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Pull back the pass side carpet from the firewall, the box is right there. It could be your issue.

AKEP
07-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Pull back the pass side carpet from the firewall, the box is right there. It could be your issue.

that or double check the charge harness under the manifold. i swear i was pushing it in all the way, but it was that hard and it wasn't connected. the first thing i ever let a shop do for me so far.

your battery light goes off with friends battery?