PDA

View Full Version : Aerodynamics

johnnydanger
12-29-2002, 06:35 PM
hey guys,

i'm new to this forum and i'm hoping someone can give me some answers. i'm going to be purchasing an 02 si in january and i plan on doing quite a few upgrades to it. the 1st things i plan on doing are a body kit and suspension upgrades. as of right now i'm torn between getting a dr. designs c/f body kit and a buddy club kit that showstoppers offers. does anyone know whether or not the kit from showstoppers is quality and has a good fitment? same with the c/f kit also. see currently i have a 1995 civic h/b with a counterfeit "buddy club" kit and it took MAJOR alterations for it to fit on. needless to say showstoppers is counterfeit too, but from the looks of their pics of it, it looks like it's quality... any help will be appreciated

02SilverSiHB
12-29-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
hey guys,

i'm new to this forum and i'm hoping someone can give me some answers. i'm going to be purchasing an 02 si in january and i plan on doing quite a few upgrades to it. the 1st things i plan on doing are a body kit and suspension upgrades. as of right now i'm torn between getting a dr. designs c/f body kit and a buddy club kit that showstoppers offers. does anyone know whether or not the kit from showstoppers is quality and has a good fitment? same with the c/f kit also. see currently i have a 1995 civic h/b with a counterfeit "buddy club" kit and it took MAJOR alterations for it to fit on. needless to say showstoppers is counterfeit too, but from the looks of their pics of it, it looks like it's quality... any help will be appreciated
the pics you saw of the buddy club from showstoppers is of the actual buddy club on the type r. From what I've heard you would have to do many a modification for the buddy club to fit...the rear bumper and the exhaust...and the front bumper.

As for the D3(from what I hear it's supposed to be called a fiberimages kit....D3 is just a company that designs things....I guess) it appears to be a good kit. Fiberimages has always been a good company.

I love the fiberimages kit, except for the front lip...if painted to match. It just looks a little weird to me. So I was think of the fiberimages side skirts, and rear bumper to go along with a tsunami front bumper.

Good luck with your choice. And post pics when done...we need someone here to do some aero mods :D

johnnydanger
12-29-2002, 10:06 PM
hey thanx for the reply. i kinda figured it was a type r, but i wasn't for sure... :p i like the fiber images kit too, but you know how it kinda flares out at the bottom all the way around? for whatever reason that just doesn't look right to me... it's almost like you would need some sort of widebody or something...
one other thing and this might be amusing (or even kinda scary) i've test drove a 02 si and nearly scared the bejeesus out of the salesman too. how may you ask? see i had a bad mo-cycle accident and in the process, paralyzed my right arm. since the shifter on the si is located on the dash, it makes it rather easy for me to shift. yes it's rather awkward, but it's not hard at all. the only drawback to this is i have my hand off the steering wheel for the length of time it takes to shift. needless to say, i do some HELLA speed shifting... :D when i do get my car, i'm going to a local machine shop and having a billet aluminum arm fabricated that will bolt on to the shifter, go under the steering column, and stop on the left side, between the door and steering wheel and then have some type of shift knob screwed on to the end of the lever. crazy huh? that will make things much easier for me to shift and cut majorly down on my time away from the wheel. obviously i do a lot of car shows and not racing, so i'll probably just put on some bolt ons and a lot of cosmetics, (no wannabe crap... functional stuff) anyway this is getting way too long... thanx again

02SilverSiHB
12-29-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
hey thanx for the reply. i kinda figured it was a type r, but i wasn't for sure... :p i like the fiber images kit too, but you know how it kinda flares out at the bottom all the way around? for whatever reason that just doesn't look right to me... it's almost like you would need some sort of widebody or something...
one other thing and this might be amusing (or even kinda scary) i've test drove a 02 si and nearly scared the bejeesus out of the salesman too. how may you ask? see i had a bad mo-cycle accident and in the process, paralyzed my right arm. since the shifter on the si is located on the dash, it makes it rather easy for me to shift. yes it's rather awkward, but it's not hard at all. the only drawback to this is i have my hand off the steering wheel for the length of time it takes to shift. needless to say, i do some HELLA speed shifting... :D when i do get my car, i'm going to a local machine shop and having a billet aluminum arm fabricated that will bolt on to the shifter, go under the steering column, and stop on the left side, between the door and steering wheel and then have some type of shift knob screwed on to the end of the lever. crazy huh? that will make things much easier for me to shift and cut majorly down on my time away from the wheel. obviously i do a lot of car shows and not racing, so i'll probably just put on some bolt ons and a lot of cosmetics, (no wannabe crap... functional stuff) anyway this is getting way too long... thanx again
damn! that's awsome you're like...fuck it! I don't care if my arms paralized, I'm driving a stick :D

I_VTEC
12-30-2002, 11:40 AM
What's up,

A few weeks ago, I was all geared up to get the buddy club kit from Chuck, but then I saw the Sparco Widebody, and am drawn in. It gets rid of the minivan look to an extent.

I guarantee anything Chuck sells you is going to be top notch, he's a good man, he wouldn't screw you over. Look into getting the Sparco Kit, there is only one in existance, and yet Chuck sells the kit. :eek:

Good luck with your purchase..

I_VTEC
12-30-2002, 11:46 AM
here's another view, but I tinkered with it a tad. (I know, it looks like ass)

johnnydanger
12-30-2002, 04:52 PM
man i do like that bodykit, but with pretty much with every widebody kit, don't you have to cut the factory body? i have fiberglass fender flares for my 1995 h/b, but i don't want to have to cut the body just to put them on, so obviously i DEFINITELY don't want to cut the body of a new car... btw, i have sparco torinos, but i never knew they made bodykits...