PDA

View Full Version : should I or shouldnt I......?

eternal780
07-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Hey Guys what do you guys think i should do , I currently have an injen intake and i was looking at a comptech icebox. Should i trade it in for a comptech or just keep the injen one. Any difference in power gains? thanks

Pandamanda22
07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Just do whatever you think looks better. It won't make a noticeable difference on the a3

mitchlikesbikes
07-18-2011, 03:24 PM
the icebox is good if you get hassled by cops or anything though since it looks stock to the untrained eye.

jed_averill
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM
the icebox is good if you get hassled by cops or anything though since it looks stock to the untrained eye.

Lol you think cops have not seen thousands of these?

omgheyitskenny
07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Seriously? It's a dam intake does it really matter? All it does it make an annoying sound like an exhaust...

jed_averill
07-18-2011, 04:42 PM
In other words, just keep it Injen.

apexracing
07-18-2011, 10:24 PM
man cops in my state don't waste they're time popping hoods, why are they such dicks out west?

jed_averill
07-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Environmentalists in the offices. lol

T_Virus
07-19-2011, 12:26 PM
what kind of injen intake do you have? SRI or CAI? Also now injen intakes for our ep3's are carb legal so you just have to send them a pix of your installed injen intake with your vin to them and the'll send you the carb sticker. But if it was a injen sri, I rather choose the comptech ice box.

a couple of years ago, some norcal eper's (forgot their names), got a dyno tuned (mods were similar, k20a3, exahust, jrsc, but one had a injen cai and the other had the comptech ice box) and the one with the comptech ice box pulled higher hp and tq numbers.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I have a comptech icebox and compared to the an aem v2 I had I like the comptech better. It does really depend on your driving style the comptech is much better down low I had much more low end tq with the comptech however with the v2 the low end tq isn't as good and it is very noticeable top end and midrange is better with the v2 but like I said it depends on your driving style if you like revving your motor stick with the injen but if you like low end tq then go with the icebox. If you go with the icebox good luck finding one they are hard to come by now

eternal780
07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I have a comptech icebox and compared to the an aem v2 I had I like the comptech better. It does really depend on your driving style the comptech is much better down low I had much more low end tq with the comptech however with the v2 the low end tq isn't as good and it is very noticeable top end and midrange is better with the v2 but like I said it depends on your driving style if you like revving your motor stick with the injen but if you like low end tq then go with the icebox. If you go with the icebox good luck finding one they are hard to come by now

yea i found one from a guy that has had it in his garage since 07 after he totaled his car for $120 bux

Kis4KEN
07-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Seriously? It's a dam intake does it really matter? All it does it make an annoying sound like an exhaust...

That post sure was helpful. Btw, I think you meant "damn". If it didn't matter he wouldn't have made the thread. Shit does anything really matter, its JUST a Civic... that we all love or else we wouldn't be on Ephatch to begin with.

I had the Comptech Ice box for a while, and I really liked it. I only traded it, cus I just wanted something different. In hindsight, the ONLY thing I didn't like about the Ice Box, is that it made shifting into 3rd or 5th weird due to a design flaw.