PDA

View Full Version : abs light on when driving on freeway at about 70~80mph

hueyhy
07-18-2011, 06:35 PM
My car is a 03 civic si.
not sure if speed is the only trigger, but I have seen this several times. But after I arrived at destination, stop the car and turn it off, and next time i start the car, the light went off. So it is hard to go to a shop to let them read the code, because there's no code to read. Only when I drive at high speed the light would come on. The ABS light and the brake light. Brake is working too.
I searched online and found one guy posted exactly the same question 4 years ago, but no respond to that post.

Garrett
07-18-2011, 07:05 PM
This has happened to me alot lately except my radio will reboot too... someone was saying it has something to do with being lowered... not sure if that's any help but I am interested in some answers for this

hkrayingboyz
07-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Why not just try to bypass it so it wont turn on again? I remember all you need is a resistor and that all you need.

For me, abs light on whenever i move my driver side chair.

hueyhy
07-18-2011, 08:09 PM
I haven't made any mod with my suspension, so this should have nothing to do with being lowered I guess.

ep3jd
07-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Your abs rings could be messed up, OR just your abs sensors. I would suggest looking into it.

My abs is also messed up from using the wrong thickness washers on my 5 lug swap with ep sensors. But I also only drive it once a week. Lol

Good luck

hueyhy
07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the reply, I'll check it. BTW: can I just ignore it if I don't care the ABS fuction? is it just to give a resistance when I hard brake? I also participate in some autocross events, would ABS be a help there or not?

ep3jd
07-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I've heard people that auto x prefer not to have abs, but I'm unsure why.

Alsoif you aren't paying attention and slam on your brakes in traffic, you're going to lock em up and slide. Just be careful until you decide what to do.