PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best valvetrain and cams,jrsc a3

civicsipride
07-20-2011, 06:48 AM
im new to this, cant seem to find and reviews on cams and valvetrain, i have to have at least 350 whp by december. its at 255 with JRSC, k-pro, couple rinky dick mods, question is which are the best and what do i need to do to acheive my goal. ONLY WANT THE BEST PARTS,money not an issue.

04EP3Hatch
07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
im new to this, cant seem to find and reviews on cams and valvetrain, i have to have at least 350 whp by december. its at 255 with JRSC, k-pro, couple rinky dick mods, question is which are the best and what do i need to do to acheive my goal. ONLY WANT THE BEST PARTS,money not an issue.

swap out the A3 for a K24A2, Accord crank pulley, 3.6 blower pulley, water/methanol. I HIGHLY doubt you will hit 350 with the A3, and it probably wouldnt be for long

Blah1219
07-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Get a big turbo, put it on a dyno, and watch it throw a rod. The a3 can barely handle 300. Our engines are not just slow, but also have weak internals. Cheap way of doing things would be k24a1 and slap a turbo. High end would be a k24 block z1 head equipped with accord crank, jrsc, methanol kit, ported head and bore matched tb. 350 would be some nice numbers for a jrsc.

neoamd
07-23-2011, 07:08 PM
I have a set of Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams for sale if your interested! They are in near mint condition and I'll take $220 for them. I can send you pictures if you're actually interested since I have them wrapped in cloth that soaked in motor oil!

eternal780
07-26-2011, 12:49 PM

if money is not an issue then the sky is the limit. You definately need a swap and a turbo kit would be the way to go and watch it spank fools. On another note if you ever want to sell the JRSC lemme know. GL with your build

nitrious
07-31-2011, 03:39 PM
On another note if you ever want to sell the JRSC lemme know. GL with your build

x2

tht1guy
07-31-2011, 03:51 PM
I have a set of skunk 2 Stage 2 with z3 springs and retainers. I doubt I'm going to ever get them in my car since I can't afford kpro. Make me an offer they're yours

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt...