PDA

View Full Version : I need new a/c compressor help?

KrypTOniTE
07-20-2011, 06:07 PM
MY A/C stopped working when it started making this annoying sound like if the belt was about to rip apart .. then i had a buddy of mine who works at a Acura dealership and told me to get a new compressor and condenser. anyone had this problem where the compressor locked?? And where can i buy it OEM cheaper other then dealers or cheapos??
I hear is about $360!! Thanks ... it's killing me in this florida weather:mfrown:

KevinEP3
07-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your A/C. I can feel your pain here near Dallas it’s been 10+ consecutive 100 degree days. I had this problem that year. My compressor locked up and ripped my serpentine belt apart. I ended up getting a shorter belt for awhile. When mined locked up I could smell and see the belt smoking. I got lucky and traded some parts I couldn’t get rid of for one in the classifieds. My A/C quit working yesterday. New problem

Ba82Ep3
07-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I have an OEM compressor with 30k miles on it if you're interested. LMK.

TypeR85
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I just re-did my A/C compressor and some lines that where in bad shape. I went with a none OEM compressor because i had bought one from Honda about 8 months ago and it crapped out .. I didn't want to pay the same outrageous price again so a buddy of mine found a replacement through a dealer he uses and it gives him at least 1 years warranty I think it was like $200 new .. Just finished it all up last night. I replaced the Dryer and condenser as well. (Inspect your lines/condenser for small pieces of metal, if your compressor happens to seize up.)

EPo3Hatch
07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I just replaced my ac compressor. I bought the oem compressor for our car through a company in florida called A-Air online. It was brand new and 375$. Great company to deal with. I got standard free shiiping and in came from fla to md in two days