PDA

View Full Version : Does the Si look like a mini van?

norcalSI
12-29-2002, 10:53 PM
i was driving to the mall with my daughter the other day to the mall and while at a stop ligvht my daughter tell me that there is a car that is like ours...so i look around and i don't see anything...so ask her what she is talking about. She points and she is pointer at a white Dodge Caravan. Just thought i'd like to share.

IceD out N CALI
12-29-2002, 11:02 PM
hahaha:D

yeah they do have a mini van look to it

Brettnyt
12-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Ouch.... How old is your daughter?

Jpax
12-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
hahaha:D

yeah they do have a mini van look to it

OMG......... :)

yea, i tease my friends with DX modle cars that they can get beat by my mini van . ;)

norcalSI
12-29-2002, 11:18 PM
my daughter is just turned 4 years old. I guess it does look like a mini van. But if you lower it it looks a lot better

IceD out N CALI
12-29-2002, 11:23 PM
yeah when u lower it, it looks like a mini-minivan:D

SpeedRacer
12-29-2002, 11:32 PM
I THINK are cars look like hatch backs

2k2SiAutoXer
12-29-2002, 11:57 PM
you know, i never remember people calling focuses (foci) minivans, and our cars look a whole lot like focus hatchbacks.
--Tom

SpeedRacer
12-30-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
you know, i never remember people calling focuses (foci) minivans, and our cars look a whole lot like focus hatchbacks.
--Tom
exactly

02SilverSiHB
12-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
--Tom
so true, I have yet to see the mini van look. I go along with it, just to show I don't let it get to me. It looks like a hatch. Like a 92-95 hatch had sex with a 96-00 hatch and then splice some genes with a focus and out came the 02 hatch :D

IceD out N CALI
12-30-2002, 12:09 AM
part of it is jus flat out dissing the ep, the other is that it sits pretty high stock and does have a the high dash and stretched out windshield that remotely resembles that of a minivan but i agree they dont say the same thing about the foci and in all fairness they do look kinda similar

chet
12-30-2002, 01:32 AM
I have always referred to my EP as a "Mini-minivan". . .that is probably the only dislike I have of the car so far. Someone should go with wood paneling, what do you think?! NOT

!@#$%
12-30-2002, 01:39 AM
subliminal pointed out to me the other night that the Toyota Matrix looks much more like a mini-van than out cars. "Why don't they make fun of them?"

I never thought about that....they do look just like a minivan. Its our cars, but with 4 doors and a hatch.....not quite a station wagon, but a hatch-wagon.

william
12-30-2002, 02:02 AM
That's good if people get our cars confused with minivans. You can get away with murder in a minivan! Cops dont care what you do, just slap a "baby on board" suction cup thingy on the rear window and put the pedal to the metal.

2K2SilverSi
12-30-2002, 02:05 AM
The matrix looks like a toyota corrolla and a toyota seinna molded together. Take 2 bland cars put them together and put a somewhat decent engine in it and what do you get a bland car. Thats just my opinion though. I drove one of my friends and it had the 180hp engine in it but it juat wasnt as fun to drive as my car.

Suk02Si
12-30-2002, 02:47 AM
the Matrix and Vibe are both just plain disgusting. They're Hatchwagonvans with decent motors. At least our cars have a nice sporty look to them.

Tragedy
12-30-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
They're Hatchwagonvans with decent motors.

Not too sure about that one..have you driven a Matrix before? What a piece of crap that car is....

Suk02Si
12-30-2002, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Tragedy
Not too sure about that one..have you driven a Matrix before? What a piece of crap that car is....
haha, no I haven't but was talking about the XRS(??) with the GTS motor which I always thought was pretty good; is a crappy motor?

ssvr6
12-30-2002, 05:14 AM
I think the "Mini-van'esque" look of our car is the front. It's VERY similar to the Odyssey IMO.

Also, I don't care what people call my car. I love it all the same.

Steve

cbecker333
12-30-2002, 06:55 AM
the Matrix and Vibe are both just plain disgusting. They're Hatchwagonvans with decent motors. At least our cars have a nice sporty look to them.

I actually think the Vibe looks good. The only problem is that its GM. I drove the Vibe when I was looking to buy (at that point I had already decided on the EP). It was an ok ride, but the suspension felt kinda like my '92 bonneville. Also, they charge crazy money for all the options 'n shit. I liked buying a car that only had 1 list of features.

StrangeShadow
12-30-2002, 07:10 AM
I think the "Mini-van'esque" look of our car is the front. It's VERY similar to the Odyssey IMO.

I noticed that too the other day when I pulled up next to one. But like you said, I don't realy care what other people say or think about it as long as I love it. And if they want to call it a mini-van, they should be alittle ashamed knowing my mini-van looks and runs better and fater than what ever they have.

gtaSiR
12-30-2002, 09:21 AM
In some angles, the front of the EP looks like a minivan. Because of the big windshield and the short hood. I love the look of this car though. It's just a new look and people are quick to criticize. Our EP is european designed and I love the way the european hatches look. Our EP is beautiful inside and out... it really shouldn't matter what anyone else says.

StrangeShadow
12-30-2002, 09:52 AM
In some angles, the front of the EP looks like a minivan. Because of the big windshield and the short hood. I love the look of this car though. It's just a new look and people are quick to criticize. Our EP is european designed and I love the way the european hatches look. Our EP is beautiful inside and out... it really shouldn't matter what anyone else says.

Exactly

cbecker333
12-30-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

Exactly

I'm going out on a limb here...I agree with all of the above, re: the european styling. I have one thing to add. I don't understand why people lower their EP3s for looks. The stock stance is cool, and looks just right. I have yet to see a lowered EP that I like the look of over the look of the stock height.

IceD out N CALI
12-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by gtaSiR

i agree

zensuit
12-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333

I'm going out on a limb here...I agree with all of the above, re: the european styling. I have one thing to add. I don't understand why people lower their EP3s for looks. The stock stance is cool, and looks just right. I have yet to see a lowered EP that I like the look of over the look of the stock height.

Yes, yes, yes...

Also, I have spoken to a guy in town who lowered his. Then he put it back to OEM standard because he liked the handling better. he just used his version of sway bars and tightened it up...also said he like the standard wheel size better as well. Something for everybody, I guess.

Love the stance, myself.

Z

Acidburn
12-30-2002, 01:52 PM
The Matrix IS a minivan. I think our EP look far from a minivan, compared to the Matrix. By the way, I think Pontiac makes the ugliest looking cars - IMO.

TrippZ
12-30-2002, 06:32 PM
i dunno, i think pontiac did good with the firebird :)

redronin22
12-30-2002, 06:42 PM
on the outside the firebird looks mean as hell. but on the inside. it looks vintage 80's haha.

Hey Eric Cartmen have you gotten into any trouble lately? Or have you been good since you got booted outtat he house? im just asking cus you provide a good source of entertainment.

BlasTech
12-30-2002, 06:44 PM
I'd love to have a tent thingy for the back of my Si.

Did you ever notice that Pontiac puts lots of extra protective moulding all around thier cars?

Spidey
12-30-2002, 06:54 PM
I really like the look of the car. It's very european and I really dig that. I think I wanna keep it lookin more like a VW lupo or polo or whatever those thing are or the Opel.

If anything, the back of the car reminds me of the back of a dodge caravan, but the front does look like the odyssey.

Suk02Si
12-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
I'd love to have a tent thingy for the back of my Si.

Did you ever notice that Pontiac puts lots of extra protective moulding all around thier cars?
haha, I saw a Golf with a tent built into the hatch at SEMA; it was like a Barbie minivan.

MINIVANKILLER
12-30-2002, 07:52 PM
I LOVE MY NAME.....IT FITS SO WELL WITH THIS THREAD.....:p

Tragedy
12-30-2002, 07:55 PM

haha, no I haven't but was talking about the XRS(??) with the GTS motor which I always thought was pretty good; is a crappy motor?

The top of the line Matrix has the ZZT230 motor, As you said, this motor is found in the '01+ Celica GT-S. The 99-00 Celica GT-S had the ZZT230 motor as well, BUT, the difference is that the 99-00 GTS had a different (lighter) tranny and a higher redline. The GTS is already somewhat slow..and to put it in a heavier car is just stupid. Although it may have less power on paper, I'd choose an EP3 Si over a Celica GT-S anyday.

BarracksSi
12-30-2002, 10:07 PM
It looke more like a minivan when it's got a few inches of snow...

Ascendo2
12-30-2002, 10:17 PM
i think if you buy two of them.. find a giant... open the sunroofs.. put the giants feet in them... hed have a good pair of vtec rollerskates.

thats and idea for photoshop if you ask me.

kpxplaya415
12-31-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Ascendo2
i think if you buy two of them.. find a giant... open the sunroofs.. put the giants feet in them... hed have a good pair of vtec rollerskates.

thats and idea for photoshop if you ask me.

lol.... :confused:

IceD out N CALI
12-31-2002, 02:02 AM
haha:D

carbonSI
01-04-2003, 04:35 AM
haha EP= EX coupe doin the sex with a oddessy, :* it does look like a mini, minivan, but with a drop and tint... its a whole different thing :p -mike

Tragedy
01-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by carbonSI
haha EP= EX coupe doin the sex with a oddessy.

Hondas are incestuous. Ew.

r3p00c
01-04-2003, 09:52 PM
an older couple told me my car looks like a two-door matrix today. :mad: they were also driving a zx3...

IceD out N CALI
01-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by r3p00c
an older couple told me my car looks like a two-door matrix today. :mad: they were also driving a zx3...

yeah when i first got mine someone told me that too, a mini matrix:eek:

carbonSI
01-05-2003, 09:53 AM
i think they look more like the zx3 than the matrix... everytime i see a zx3 they catch my eye, cause i still have yet to run an si, see how my driving goes :D and most the EP's here got mods, and im stock, sooo just curious -mike

CleanBlackSi02
01-05-2003, 10:31 AM
I think it looks minivanish...but I don't care. If they made small fast minivans I'd buy one. Wait...I already did. ;) Anybody seen that new Toyota van were getting next year? I'd totally buy one.