PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club Short Shifter good for DD

Andrew
07-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I have had my buddy club short shifter for awhile and have yet to install it. I was wondering for those whom do have it. How does it feel during the daily drive? Is it too short or uncomfortable at any point? Any input is welcomed thank you!

ttttrigg3r
07-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh it feels great. It sits just right and the shortened throw distance really helps
. If you dont want it, I'll be happy to take it off your hand for 50$. =]

AKAahlecks
07-23-2011, 12:34 AM
ill buy it for 60 :D

Supaduck
07-23-2011, 01:43 AM
or i for 100. i win :P

jwjknorr
07-23-2011, 07:17 AM

Manny Kid 15
07-23-2011, 07:22 AM
i don't think he is selling it...LOL
but if you are and its new 120...LMAO

Andrew
07-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Oh it feels great. It sits just right and the shortened throw distance really helps
. If you dont want it, I'll be happy to take it off your hand for 50$. =]

ill buy it for 60 :D

or i for 100. i win :P

this did not help me at all

i don't think he is selling it...LOL
but if you are and its new 120...LMAO

if i were to sell it i'd over price it since it's discontinued, but it probably wouldnt leave the area or northern california since i have a shit ton of people interested for awhile now

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-23-2011, 01:56 PM
actually i thought BC was bringing it back soon.

BUT

i will pay 150 + shipping for it!

help a fellow poor college student out

whatsvtec
07-23-2011, 03:58 PM
What's the high bidder in your area? ;) pm please

Manny Kid 15
07-23-2011, 04:01 PM
i heard from many authorized dealers that they are being told late July so i will hold off.... I say be ready to drop that cash cause they will be selling like tamales...LOL

whatsvtec
07-23-2011, 04:15 PM
i heard from many authorized dealers that they are being told late July so i will hold off.... I say be ready to drop that cash cause they will be selling like tamales...LOL

Pinching my pennies! Selling my shit.... IDGAF. I need that thing. Maybe 2... or 3 for re-sale hype.

RHCP0801
07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
its great for a dd, i have had mine for like 3 years and dd my ep all the time

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Pinching my pennies! Selling my shit.... IDGAF. I need that thing. Maybe 2... or 3 for re-sale hype.

yes please buy 2 incase i need one lol

idk if im going to be able to have enough $$ to buy one before they get sold out AGAIN

ttttrigg3r
07-23-2011, 11:52 PM
LOL. this thread turned into an auction. But seriously you should put it in and keep it. It's great for daily. I dont think it gets better than BCSS. I had stock and neuspeed. Stock throws were longer so I got tired of that. The neuspeed sits closer to the dash so if you have regular length or short arms you wont like it. The BCSS is the best I think.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-23-2011, 11:56 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FMvzjQ6YoYs/SOZUCtd7-RI/AAAAAAAAARE/0gI-BQqyctE/s400/dr.+evil.jpg
ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

lol, jk. no really tho...if you dont want it ill take it. cash in hand!!

hopefully though. buddy club will actually make it again like they said they would and we can all have them

boricua4life
07-24-2011, 12:34 PM
its a great SS i installed mine and you can feel a difference. not a whole lot but you definetly feel it especially with the shifter bushings corsport sells. i would keep it but thats up to you.

RHCP0801
07-24-2011, 12:46 PM
i would get the hybrid racing bushings over corsport

whatsvtec
07-24-2011, 12:50 PM
i would get the hybrid racing bushings over corsport
+1 love mine.
he may have been referring to the base bushings though.

T_Virus
07-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Andrew it feels great and more solid. The throws are shorter. Mine is daily driven. Also make sure to get some shifter base & cable bushings. I went with the Corsport ones. Once you get it all installed, take it easy as it would totally be different than stock. Don't shift too hard as you may misshift when getting used to it in the beginning.

BTW...to the peeps that are looking for one, I wouldn't be surprised if the Buddy Club Short Shifter were sold for $150 or $200+ used. I remember a couple of years ago when it first came out for our ep3 and it was $300+ for brand new.

dink32788
07-24-2011, 09:12 PM
i absolutely love mine. not uncomfortable or anything at all

Andrew
07-25-2011, 11:42 AM
its great for a dd, i have had mine for like 3 years and dd my ep all the time

its a great SS i installed mine and you can feel a difference. not a whole lot but you definetly feel it especially with the shifter bushings corsport sells. i would keep it but thats up to you.

Andrew it feels great and more solid. The throws are shorter. Mine is daily driven. Also make sure to get some shifter base & cable bushings. I went with the Corsport ones. Once you get it all installed, take it easy as it would totally be different than stock. Don't shift too hard as you may misshift when getting used to it in the beginning.

BTW...to the peeps that are looking for one, I wouldn't be surprised if the Buddy Club Short Shifter were sold for $150 or $200+ used. I remember a couple of years ago when it first came out for our ep3 and it was $300+ for brand new.

i absolutely love mine. not uncomfortable or anything at all

thank you fellas for actual input and i will take all of this for consideration. i will overlook everyone and anything that posted up prices or concerns about a sale for a BCSS

khiemboy
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm super late on this one but I have my shifter in and i recently put in the corsport cable and base shifter bushings with it. Its amazing :) keep it and enjoy. I dd my car

NEO_FOLLOWER2
08-25-2011, 12:23 AM
i heard somewhere that using the cable AND aluminum shifter bushing is bad for daily driving
because it makes shifting too stiff

but i remember reading that using one of the two is good?

i guess if you have both you just gotta pay more attention to what you're doing when shifting gears

whatsvtec
08-25-2011, 12:43 AM
I have both cable and base bushings and LOVE the feel. The stock shifter is still really short. With the solid throws from the bushings driving is a dream.

Mrfukuto
08-25-2011, 07:20 PM
hello everyone that has been questioning whether the BCSS is discontinued or not. i have recently emailed horsepowerfreaks.com and asked them about that situation since they still have it on their site and i heard the rumor that it was coming back. they replied saying that it isn't discontinued anymore but more of a special order. he also replied saying that it will take 4-6 weeks to come in once you have ordered it.

"At this point that short shifter is not discontinued it is just special order. This means that it would take approximately 4-6 weeks from the time you order it to receive it. Let me know if this is something you would like to pursue and we can work on setting this up.

Thanks,

Erik Getty

Sales Team

(503) 256-5600 ext: 111"

sorry i dont know how to post email and quoting it like everyone else does, but there it is. The pricing on horsepowerfreaks.com is $188.10 with a choice of shift knob A or shift knob B. as seen here on their site:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Honda/Civic/Transmissions/Short_Shifters

NEO_FOLLOWER2
08-28-2011, 12:21 AM
corsport has it also...they told me they got them in and then they even added it back to their site
i ordered mine and used the 5% off coupon code for buddy club stuff.

although i havent gotten a confirmation on shipping yet

i doubt corsport sale rep would lie to me and say he had some in stock AND add it back to the site if it wasnt in stock.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
08/29/2011 Processing

Your order has been received, is available and should ship either today or tomorrow. If any delays or changes occur we will update you as soon as possible via email.

Orders consisting of more than one item may be shipped from multiple locations.

Thanks,
CorSport

so i guess it is available on corsport

i used coupon code bc5%off

ended up costing me
exactly Total: $151.05 shipped

go crazy and order it lol

neoamd
09-02-2011, 07:55 AM
08/29/2011 Processing

Your order has been received, is available and should ship either today or tomorrow. If any delays or changes occur we will update you as soon as possible via email.

Orders consisting of more than one item may be shipped from multiple locations.

Thanks,
CorSport

so i guess it is available on corsport

i used coupon code bc5%off

ended up costing me
exactly Total: $151.05 shipped

go crazy and order it lol

Did exactly what you wrote above, LOL

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
my bcss came missing the blue adapter piece...idk what the deal is...but let me know if yours has it

i left a comment in corsports thread on here but i cant reply again it keeps giving me an error.

i did install it today...it was PITA

hardest parts was the clips

shifting feels so great now...idk how i ever drove without this

...be prepare to cut up your hands installing it tho lol

T_Virus
09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
blue adapter piece? Do you mean the extension?

02TWSI
09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
There is no blue piece per say....its only a thread saver for shipping purposes I'm guessing.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
corsport says the extension isnt produced or included anymore

and yes my mistake the blue piece was just plastic to cover the thread

nevertheless...there is no more extension piece
not that i was gonna use it anyways

blitz
09-06-2011, 03:06 AM
I can verify.. I just installed my shifter on sunday. I didn't see the extension piece. It's not blue plastic cover but black now. I'm having issues with mine. Not sure if others are going to have it but my shifter has resistance. Enough resistance that when out of gear it doesn't go back to center. I have to guide it there with alittle push. It's strange. Also the delrin bushings didn't slide into the cables easily. Had to use some compared to the ZERO problem stock bushing. I thought it was that so I popped one of the white delrin bushings and bored out the inner but that helped it alittle. Seems like the big ball delrin that connects the shifter shaft itself has too much resistance. As if the ball is alittle too big or the housing is too tight around the ball.

nitrious
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
so all in all everyone likes it.. especially required for dd?

Silvercard
09-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I can verify.. I just installed my shifter on sunday. I didn't see the extension piece. It's not blue plastic cover but black now. I'm having issues with mine. Not sure if others are going to have it but my shifter has resistance. Enough resistance that when out of gear it doesn't go back to center. I have to guide it there with alittle push. It's strange. Also the delrin bushings didn't slide into the cables easily. Had to use some compared to the ZERO problem stock bushing. I thought it was that so I popped one of the white delrin bushings and bored out the inner but that helped it alittle. Seems like the big ball delrin that connects the shifter shaft itself has too much resistance. As if the ball is alittle too big or the housing is too tight around the ball.

I had the same problem when i got mine on friday. I switched the white caps and carved a bit and i mean a little to make them fit on the short shifter and then the shifter centered itself. That was my fix lol. Was about to return he whole damn thing after getting so many cuts hahaha

apexracing
10-06-2011, 09:10 AM
will be ordering mine tomorrow :)