PDA

View Full Version : question on o2 sensor

WhiteComet
07-25-2011, 11:31 AM
So I installed a DC5R Header/cat on my car but now have a CEL.

From what Ive read on CRSX, it shouldnt have a cel with this setup. Both sensors on my cat are from the 05/06 RSX-6...would those sensors work on our ep3?

FoReVaPmP
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah the sensors work, but whos to say the 02 sensors are working themselves...??.. You should do the Non-Fouler mod and see if that fixes your CEL.... it's cheap ($3)

GL

Blue03Si
07-26-2011, 09:51 AM
So I installed a DC5R Header/cat on my car but now have a CEL.

From what Ive read on CRSX, it shouldnt have a cel with this setup. Both sensors on my cat are from the 05/06 RSX-6...would those sensors work on our ep3?

Tried to reply to your PM but your box is full. You need to pull the code and see what sensor is failing. If it's the primary and you want to go back to your old working primary 02 sensor let me know. I have a custom extension that I had made for mine that I'm not using anymore. I used my original 02 sensor for years with the extension and had no issue. It went bad and I replaced it with an RSX-S sensor to clean up the install.

T_Virus
07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Your sensor needs to be replaced. They are really sensitive. I remember we I had my race header installed, took out the stock primary 02 and was being carefull as much as I can and it still crap out. I had to buy a new primary 02 senor.