PDA

View Full Version : Brake Kits

03 inspire
07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Do anyone know what brake kits are available for the ep with 5 lug swap that would allow me to run 15's for slicks? I have the Rotora's and I can only fit 17's :mcry:

Zzyzx
07-27-2011, 08:19 AM
OEM (The RSXs setup may fit). Else I believe Willwood has a smaller rotor kit that may work if you Must have fancy calipers.

03 inspire
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
I was thinking the willwoods but do i need to go back to stock rotors for those?

ImportCustomx
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
ideally, factory calipers,rotors are fine for alot of situations..if you need more breaking power..i say get some brembo blank rotors, some nice Hawk pads,some stainless braided brake lines and prepare to be amazed... unless your running intense track events (Time trials where speeds are often over 50-60mph ) then the factory setup is great. Only reason i would switch out the setup is basically cosmetic. sure a 4 piston caliper looks rad and ideally you would thing it stops faster etc, but i honestly think drivers should perfect their skill then tune the car. Driving a fast car fast is easy...driving a slow car fast is talent..learning to be smooth on and off the breaks will make all the difference in the world.

But as for brake kits, i would take a peek at the rsx brake kit, Brembo Gran turismo's are sweet :P, wilwood maybe powerslot, stoptech... check out CorsportUSA. they are a vendor here on the site and offer some big break kits.

Are you doing track events/Auto-x?

Keep your budget in mind..if your on a tight budget...hawk pads with oem setup is pretty fuckin great. add some stiffer suspension setup/components and your lookin good.

all in all..breaks dont mean shit unless you got good rubber too. Nice tires can make all the difference in the world.

03 inspire
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Drag racing is where i would be doing most of

Zzyzx
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Drag racing is where i would be doing most of

then the OEM brakes will work fine. And are probably preferable given the smaller rotor brings the mass of the brakes closer to the center of rotation, and thus they have a lower polar moment of Inertia then a larger diameter rotor would. Hence, less energy needed to change the wheel & rotors state of motion (Aka faster acceleration)

ImportCustomx
08-05-2011, 06:51 AM
keep it oem then.

Smaller rotors, less rotational mass. Your breaks will never ever get hot enough to where youll need 330mm rotors with 4 piston calipers...

throw some hawk pads and some decent blanks (slotted, drilled, blanks..all the same for you)

88crx
08-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Just don't get drilled rotors. Powerslot rotos + Hawk HPS + SS lines, done.

02TWSI
08-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Just don't get drilled rotors. Powerslot rotos + Hawk HPS + SS lines, done.

Agree!!! This setup was great on my car!