PDA

View Full Version : Fellow import enthusiast here *waves*

IgottaSpecV
12-30-2002, 12:12 AM
Hey all, just wanted to say hi to all of ya out there.
I personally don't own an SI - but if things go differently I just might. Anyway, I do own an 02 Spec V and if you have any questions about the car in general, I should be able to answer most questions.

Thanks all !

SpeedRacer
12-30-2002, 12:14 AM
welcome.

do you notice your LSD

IgottaSpecV
12-30-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
welcome.

do you notice your LSD

I have noticed that I can take curves a lot better in this car over cars like the Sunfire, Cavalier, etc. This is my first LSD car though.

2k2SiAutoXer
12-30-2002, 12:40 AM
welcome to the site!

--Tom

IceD out N CALI
12-30-2002, 12:43 AM
welcome to the site

!@#$%
12-30-2002, 12:54 AM
hey, me and a friend of mine went tonight looking at the spec V's. he wants a white one. if u dont mind, what did u end up paying? welcome

Tragedy
12-30-2002, 03:56 AM
I like the way the Spec-V looks from the front (looks like an R33 Skyline), but I hate the way it drives. Not flaming, just my opinion.

Welcome to EPhatch.

iR-VTEC2
12-30-2002, 05:04 AM
welcome! and if you dont mind me askin, why might you go from a spec v to an si?

ssvr6
12-30-2002, 05:11 AM
Welcome!

Steve

SiR Medic
12-30-2002, 08:07 AM
Nice to have ya here!

Considered a SE-R myself, I have always loved Nissans(my older brother has a '90 300ZX:p )

Problem was, no dealer actually kept a SE-R on the lot to test drive! They were more than willing to order one in for me, but no way was I buying a car without a test drive first.

ApexinSi
12-30-2002, 08:25 AM
stock 17" wheels are nice....LSD is nice.......but those seats :rolleyes:

something about that cars interrior just makes me wanna puke...or have my period....too much red? :confused:

Spidey
12-30-2002, 10:48 AM
I was considering an SE-R myself as well but shared the same predicament as SiR Medic. All the dealers were sold out and there was a 2 month wait for the next shipment. Besides, the rear end just didn't work out for me.

golferjn
12-30-2002, 11:04 AM
welcome and hello

IgottaSpecV
12-30-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
hey, me and a friend of mine went tonight looking at the spec V's. he wants a white one. if u dont mind, what did u end up paying? welcome

If anyone gets a Spec V...get one that is made after June 2002 (03 model) because the "talk" is that Nissan's American QR25 had problems, and are using better Japanese internals/designs - this coming from oil consumption problems. My 02 I bought in Jan. 2002 was $18,000 with $1,200 trade in. It is a base model/no options Spec V - Blackout.

welcome! and if you dont mind me askin, why might you go from a spec v to an si?

The answer to that is I will probably never buy another Nissan with all the problems I had with my car and with Nissan as a company (dealership service dept. is cool). Too many 02 Spec V's are having problems, but almost all my problems are chassis related.

Let's see...

A/C controls misaligned
Trunk leaked - TSB on this problem
Fuel pump replaced for hard starting
A/C quit working - had to replaced A/c line
Left window seal gasket bent inwards from the window - gasket replaced twice, then realigned twice - Had a BBB hearing for this and all the other problems - including excessive paint chipping
Excessive paint chipping
Side mirrors fading cause they were plastic and black s the only car that doesn't have their mirrors painted - they replaced them

All in all over the 11 months I owned this car I had 10 days in the shop and all these things replaced on a B15 chassis that has nothing to do with it being a "Spec V"

So far everything is fixed, but I had to go through a BBB hearing to get it fixed (except the paint - they say normal). So now I have a car that I will have to repaint before I sell it an cannot sell it until I am not upside down on my payments.

There is a 00 Si for sale here in Little Rock. It has 27,000 miles and they are asking $15,700 for it. If I could get that I would.

Let me ask you guys this...are there any problems (common) with the 00 Si models? Is this a good starting haggling price for this car. It looks like a base model also.

Thanks,

K-

civic hatch boi
12-30-2002, 01:16 PM
for 15700.. u could get a new Si. SI's are much better :) so much more potential. and u dont have to rev the hell out of it to get going.

02SilverSiHB
12-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by IgottaSpecV

Let me ask you guys this...are there any problems (common) with the 00 Si models? Is this a good starting haggling price for this car. It looks like a base model also.

Thanks,

K-
watch out for grinding gears in 2nd and 3rd. If you have those going on, make sure they replace the synchros before buying, or you'll end up paying for it later. I'm amazed it only has 27,000 miles and is a 00. That's pretty good. So if it's in mint condition, 15,700 isn't bad, but try starting out saying you'll pay 14,000 and go from there, and hopefully get it for 15,000 and save a couple hundred. Other than that, that's about it. You may notice that the passenger side window goes up slower than the drivers side...that's been a weird problem for those cars since 96.

Spidey
12-30-2002, 06:19 PM
that's too bad that the se-r didn't work out. I heard about the paint peeling and and the oil being excessively consumed.
better luck with your new car.

napapacoda
12-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

You may notice that the passenger side window goes up slower than the drivers side...that's been a weird problem for those cars since 96.

That is very true. On my 98 EX, the passenger side window goes up slow as hell. Not sure what's the problem, but I'd rather wait an extra few seconds then pay $$ for a new motor.

Spidey
12-30-2002, 06:26 PM
that's too bad that the se-r didn't work out. I heard about the paint peeling and and the oil being excessively consumed.
better luck with your new car.

2k2_nbp_egg
12-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Yeah...I gotta agree w/ the fact that 15k for an 00 civic w/ 27k miles on it is kinda stupid. I got my old one for 11k...and it had 22k miles on it. If it's not stock then maybe, but even then, you know the person who is selling it drove the hell out of it then.

As for that long list of problems, I've heard of alot of spec's having similar problems w/ oil and gas consumption. They look like they have a fat ass from the back and side angles too :( Fukin' fatass bathtub.....w/ stock lsd, 6 speed (hate that gearing tho :() 180 tq and 17's. Oh well, it just depends on what kinda person you are. Are you the kinda performance whore that is willing to endure a very harsh ride, or do you need a car better suited for daily driving that isn't as fast and comes restricted from the factory? That's pretty much the case for the Si's and spec v's. Oh well, whatever decision you make....I promise you won't regret.