PDA

View Full Version : Hear hard scratching noise when i break, i'm lost and clueless, please help!

imhotep
07-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,

I have this problem, for the last week or so my right passenger wheel makes grinding noise when i break, and even grinds when i am driving too. So common sense tells me that my break pads are probably worn to the bone. So i change my break pads, and the old ones were probably half way worn, and a long way until that "warning metal piece".

So i replaced the,m just now, and the same thing persists. I here scratching grinding when i drive, and when i break its even more profound. What the hell is going on, i am confused, and i am really annoyed at this point.

Tnhatch03
07-26-2011, 05:36 PM
warped rotors?

how many miles? stock brakes?

imhotep
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
got like 120k almost, yes stock

talonXracer
07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
warped rotors?

how many miles? stock brakes?

ROTORS DO NOT WARP ! ! !

They can and do wear unevenly and they also can develop deposits of brake material, but even the cheapest no name rotors do not warp.

Did you have your rotors turned or replaced? That is an ESSENTIAL step in brake maintenance.

imhotep
07-26-2011, 06:15 PM
ROTORS DO NOT WARP ! ! !

They can and do wear unevenly and they also can develop deposits of brake material, but even the cheapest no name rotors do not warp.

Did you have your rotors turned or replaced? That is an ESSENTIAL step in brake maintenance.

Since i bought the car used back in 2007 with 85k on the meter, i have not messed with the rotors. Only thing i ever did was install HFP suspension in like 09

Ba82Ep3
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Check the caliper pins, that they move in and out freely without sticking or binding. Also check your heat shields to be sure they arent rubbing against the backside of the rotor. They are easy to bend away to be sure.

Drew1d
07-27-2011, 07:13 AM
The worst screeching noise I ever heard was when I drove on a badly rutted dirt road. It bent my dust covers into the rotor. I thought I broke something, but it turned out ok, I just bent them back. :) Hopefully it's that simple for you too.

H0ndas g0 Vr00m
08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Check the brake pad shim. That little piece that rests at the top and bottom of the Caliper. It might be broken and scratching the rotor. If your rotor has lines in them in a circular motion then that is most likely the cause. It happened to me a while back.