PDA

View Full Version : Spring rubbing noise

KevinEP3
07-27-2011, 09:40 PM
So the car has been in and out of the shop for the past few months. Now when I turn the spring rubs and pops. It does it when I turn while driving and parked. It’s been doing this since I had the struts replaced. I took the car back to the shop and the mechanic said it was put on wrong and I left it for two days. It still does it. Granted I'm a cheap ass and got used struts from an ephatch member for $100 they are still better than the ones I had before cuz they don’t bottom out on pot holes and they didn’t pop. Also since then I’ve replaced the ball joints, tie rod end, and sway links for other reasons other than this noise.

Recently I took it to get the ac fixed at another shop and asked them to look at it and they said the mounts are bad, I need new struts, and the other shop didn’t grease the ball joints and need to be replaced (other shop claims they did grease em).

What are they doing wrong for the spring to keep making this noise? Its only the driver side too.

btw it goes away when I play Avenged Sevenfold

Sorry for the rant just pissing me off.

PatrickJamesYu
07-28-2011, 12:10 AM
So the car has been in and out of the shop for the past few months. Now when I turn the spring rubs and pops. It does it when I turn while driving and parked. It’s been doing this since I had the struts replaced. I took the car back to the shop and the mechanic said it was put on wrong and I left it for two days. It still does it. Granted I'm a cheap ass and got used struts from an ephatch member for $100 they are still better than the ones I had before cuz they don’t bottom out on pot holes and they didn’t pop. Also since then I’ve replaced the ball joints, tie rod end, and sway links for other reasons other than this noise.

Recently I took it to get the ac fixed at another shop and asked them to look at it and they said the mounts are bad, I need new struts, and the other shop didn’t grease the ball joints and need to be replaced (other shop claims they did grease em).

What are they doing wrong for the spring to keep making this noise? Its only the driver side too.

btw it goes away when I play Avenged Sevenfold

Sorry for the rant just pissing me off.

Sadly the best advise we can give is for you to go in there and do it your self.
Go grease everything.

Also, let us know what suspension components you're running.

KevinEP3
07-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Oh yea skunk2 springs on stock struts.