PDA

View Full Version : Megan to BC racing coilovers = now odd squeak

Andrew
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
As the title states I am now running BC racing coilovers type BR in comparison from my old set of Megans. Ever since i switched coils over there has been a lot of squeaking lately. i am not sure if it is the coilovers itself or the rear sway? it may be loose squeaking or something, but i have checked and there seem to be no problems. the BC racing coils are somewhat brand new-used. i picked them up from another member with only 1,500 miles on them, so i am a bit confused. any input is gladly appreciated.

iDom
07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
My friend has a TEIN basics on his car and his does the same thing.. I remember him saying he knows what it is, i'll ask him and let you know.. Maybe it's similar if not the same thing.

iDom
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
He said it was a dust cover rubbing against something.. Maybe that's it?

Andrew
07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
My friend has a TEIN basics on his car and his does the same thing.. I remember him saying he knows what it is, i'll ask him and let you know.. Maybe it's similar if not the same thing.

He said it was a dust cover rubbing against something.. Maybe that's it?

well thank you sir for your input. today i went under and checked everything out. it looks like all the nuts and bolts are tightened down, but the preload on the jiggles when i move it by hand on the passenger rear side so that might be it. i will go under again another day and check out the dust boot option. thanks for help

iDom
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Yea it'd be best to have another person shaking the car or something while you can look and try and pinpoint where it's coming from. Idk, I hate squeaks so I feel you haha.

ep_hatcher_510
07-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Andrew, if you got time i can take a look at it for you.

Andrew
07-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Andrew, if you got time i can take a look at it for you.

im usually free on monday-tuesday. let me know when youre free, but i really think it's just either the dust boot or the pre load