PDA

View Full Version : Header/exhaust/engine question.... what works.

88crx
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Just want to clarify something...... reading a couple different variations as to what works with what.

If I want to run a JDM EP3 catback exhaust (ie: J’s Racing or Toda) will it bolt up to a K20a with DC5 spec race header (SSR, Kiddracing or Buddy Club)?

Also will a K20a with EP3 DC race header still bolt up to my USDM spec catback exhaust?

Does the K20a swap vs K20a3 have any bearing on the header/exhaust set up?

bchaney
07-28-2011, 09:06 PM
k20s are all similar geometry so your exhaust setup shouldn't be affected by swapping your k20a3 for a k20a.

A k20a with an ep DCRH and ep catback will be no problem.

A JDM ep catback will prob not bolt up to a DC5 header but I'm not 100% sure on this one.

usedep3
07-28-2011, 09:58 PM
^yeah that.

the blocks are essentially the same on the outside. same rule applies for the exhaust setups. a usdm ep3 spec header will require a usdm ep3 spec catback.

a ep3r/dc5 spec header will require a ep3r/dc5 spec catback.

RedSiBaron
07-28-2011, 10:36 PM
^yeah that.

the blocks are essentially the same on the outside. same rule applies for the exhaust setups. a usdm ep3 spec header will require a usdm ep3 spec catback.

a ep3r/dc5 spec header will require a ep3r/dc5 spec catback.

this...

except the axleback from a dc5 will not work because of different bumper lengths, but an ep3 spec axleback works with a dc5 midpipe, as long as said dc5 midpipe has a type r/dc5 spec header

remember the k20a in the dc5r and ep3r use the exact same header...which is an awesome header, fyi :mwink: haha