PDA

View Full Version : 05 EM2 or 04 EP3

Black_em2
08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I am in love with my Em2 but I hate getting my ass kicked by stock LS tegs. I am just wondering if it is worth switching cars, any input? I have an 05 DX Civic. I am a fan of EP3's I love the stock look of them, I also would change it out with my coils and slam it :)

apexracing
08-02-2011, 11:36 PM
ep's are nice cars but without a swap i wouldn't call them fast. why not just swap a better motor into your car?

lemonhead228
08-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I beat a Gsr teggy by a fender and both of us stock.

Kerby
08-03-2011, 04:30 AM
considering this is an EP3 forum, i'm pretty sure the answers your going to be receiving shortly will be bias.

However, I'm going to have to agree with this reply:

ep's are nice cars but without a swap i wouldn't call them fast. why not just swap a better motor into your car?

bizzle
08-03-2011, 05:13 AM
EM2 is nicer but is in more need of a swap than an ep3.

02TWSI
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't see an em2 as a nicer car than the EP. My neighbor has one and its just a boring civic?

T_Virus
08-03-2011, 12:23 PM
just get a ek or eg swapped k20a2 or k24a2.

DRP967
08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I am in love with my Em2 but I hate getting my ass kicked by stock LS tegs. I am just wondering if it is worth switching cars, any input? I have an 05 DX Civic. I am a fan of EP3's I love the stock look of them, I also would change it out with my coils and slam it :)

I always felt EM2s were chick cars...now an EM1 is cool. Between the two...EM2 or EP3, I gotta go with the EP3. Id say its worth it, you get a unique bullet design body style w/dash mounted shifter and exclusivity in the sense the EP3 seems kinda rare compared to other Civics and it has a cult following. Its your choice, as long as your happy thats all that matters. Good luck.

lemonhead228
08-03-2011, 02:27 PM
If you're worry about speed get a rsx type s.

cronicEP
08-03-2011, 02:35 PM
If it were me, If i could do it all over again. I'd put out a little more cash and get a S2K. But if you're asking about the em2 vs ep3, EP3 by far is a funner car to drive, and has a bit more pep. I could never see myself in an EM2. Maybe a 4 door GSR, swapped EG, or an EM1? or even an RSX-s ?

rufiogeezee
08-03-2011, 04:41 PM
my wife liked her EM2 to death and wants another one. I love my EP3 to death and will probably die in the car. Instrument panels (stereo, climate control) are grossly similar. Drove both for several years, and the EP3 is by far, faster and quicker in the turns bone stock. EM2 feels like a jello cup with all the body roll it has unmodded. I agree with one of teh other replies, look for engine swap alternatives to make the one you have faster. Might even be better than dealing with the hassle of learning and finding a good EP3. Even though both cars are about the same price right now. disgusting to think that. thanks honda.

ShadowEP3
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
K swapped EM2

personally, i want a ES1 and K swap it

Dbl-Htch
08-04-2011, 08:00 PM
^^always thought this particular combo would make a nice, practical dd/sleeper... predecessor to an FA5 lol. I drove an ES2 for a while a few years ago (had my EP at the same time), couldn't stand how boring it was after a while, well it was an AT, so hard not to fall asleep while driving it most of the time! :meek: lol
I wondered how much a swap & some basic suspension upgrades would "wake it up"...

whatsvtec
08-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I always felt EM2s were chick cars...now an EM1 is cool. Between the two...EM2 or EP3, I gotta go with the EP3. Id say its worth it, you get a unique bullet design body style w/dash mounted shifter and exclusivity in the sense the EP3 seems kinda rare compared to other Civics and it has a cult following. Its your choice, as long as your happy thats all that matters. Good luck.

I agree with all of this...
I'm a fan of em2 coupes, if done up real clean and low. But I don't think an em2 will ever be near as rare or have a solid "fanbase" as an ep3. There's plenty of ephatred from everyone in the car modification scene, but people who love ep3's seem to always keep loving and appreciating them. That's atleast what I've gathered in the last year of owning my car. Test drive a couple ep's and see what you think.

superchargedk20
08-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Speed. Rsx is slow too for stock. There's nothing special about it. I own both and would pick an ep3. It's more rare gots cool shifter. Do a motor swap or just a simple greddy kit and Ur golden. Remember rsx gona cost more than an ep3 and insurance ain't cheap. Full coverage is way more than my ep3

DRP967
08-05-2011, 11:05 PM

I agree with all of this...
I'm a fan of em2 coupes, if done up real clean and low. But I don't think an em2 will ever be near as rare or have a solid "fanbase" as an ep3. There's plenty of ephatred from everyone in the car modification scene, but people who love ep3's seem to always keep loving and appreciating them. That's atleast what I've gathered in the last year of owning my car. Test drive a couple ep's and see what you think.

1. Even an RSX type S is slow...its just less slow. :mredface:
If you want speed, get an EVO/STI...those imo are "fast enough" and are good candidates to turn into AWD monsters.

2. True, the EP3 is unique. And there are a lot of people who dont like EP3s...its all a matter of preference. And as for the EP3 love, its a love/hate relationship with mine but everytime I get in the cabin and drive around...I get a good feeling. How many people can say their Civic is rare and unique...not many. That is unless you have an EP3. Accept its weaknesses and embrace its strengths...in the end its Honda's red headed step child and our bullet hot hatch that sticks out from the rest of the sheep/cookie cutter Civics. Also bear in mind EP3s dont seem likely to get stolen imo...a damn good thing since it rolls under the radar and most people sleep on it. Although I will tell you my EP3 gets looks and compliments all the time and more often than not people ask me what car it is. (shes debadged)

Just look at the body style...some may see Focus and I can see it too (dont kid yourself ie. S2000 looking like a Miata to the uninitiated) but I see one distinct body style of the Civic line up...get an EP3 and be part of a cult car following. Heres mine:

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/87/58/62405887/photos/Freakmont-Photo-Shoot/Vbp_&_Nhbp%20%28800x592%29%20%28640x474%29.jpg

05 nighthawk black pearl with 200K+ miles and still rolling and looking good.

VividSI
08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Im sure the EM2 will get better MPG and wont get as much attention but the EP3 will have more power and more potential for mods.

lemonhead228
08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
He's thinking about switching from a em2 to an Ep. So he price range isn't so high. That's why I mentioned a dc5 cuz its a lil faster than out cars. If he had money to blow than by all means, hop on an Evo/sti

1. Even an RSX type S is slow...its just less slow. :mredface:
If you want speed, get an EVO/STI...those imo are "fast enough" and are good candidates to turn into AWD monsters.

2. True, the EP3 is unique. And there are a lot of people who dont like EP3s...its all a matter of preference. And as for the EP3 love, its a love/hate relationship with mine but everytime I get in the cabin and drive around...I get a good feeling. How many people can say their Civic is rare and unique...not many. That is unless you have an EP3. Accept its weaknesses and embrace its strengths...in the end its Honda's red headed step child and our bullet hot hatch that sticks out from the rest of the sheep/cookie cutter Civics. Also bear in mind EP3s dont seem likely to get stolen imo...a damn good thing since it rolls under the radar and most people sleep on it. Although I will tell you my EP3 gets looks and compliments all the time and more often than not people ask me what car it is. (shes debadged)

Just look at the body style...some may see Focus and I can see it too (dont kid yourself ie. S2000 looking like a Miata to the uninitiated) but I see one distinct body style of the Civic line up...get an EP3 and be part of a cult car following. Heres mine:

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/87/58/62405887/photos/Freakmont-Photo-Shoot/Vbp_&_Nhbp%20%28800x592%29%20%28640x474%29.jpg

05 nighthawk black pearl with 200K+ miles and still rolling and looking good.

ep11
08-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I say a Ep3 ..

apexracing
08-09-2011, 06:38 AM
just noticed your car is a dx, might be worth getting a ep3 just for the power options.

Black_em2
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I have all the power options except moonroof and that ep was a pile it had been wrecked and it wasnt put back together or painted in a quality manner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrito
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
ep3 ftw!

andyman97
09-08-2011, 01:47 PM

How dare you!
Anything but a chick car...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/andyman97/DSC_0218.jpg

Seriously it's preference. I like both. My old em2 will always have very fond memories but I'm going to do some serious ridiculousness with the ep. Ep takes less work to get a fast k series if that's the route you want to go.

02TWSI
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm sorry but that car screams to me I'm a white mom in my 20s. Chiiiick caaaaaar.

andyman97
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry but that car screams to me I'm a white mom in my 20s. Chiiiick caaaaaar.
I still say anything but...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/andyman97/IMG_0806.jpg

MattG80
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
If you shop around and your not in a rush you can find a swapped or boosted ep. Take your time. About a year ago i came across a k20a2 swapped ep with hks exhaust, dc race headers and a v2 intake. Ran great. Wish i would have bought it. The dealer only wanted 10k. Last month i found one boosted that sounded nice. I love my ep and I have no doubt you'll love one too if you do your homework.
Good luck.
Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

RHCP0801
09-08-2011, 08:00 PM
lol Andy, I had an em2 before my ep3. I loved it but it was slow and automatic, I wasn't that great at stick so I didn't mind but I think they can look great when modded, I say throw a k24a2 in it and call it a day

Black_em2
09-08-2011, 11:53 PM
I love my Em2 too much to get rid of it now, especially thanks to Siborg I have a set of rear disc brakes :). I am just gonna continue to slowly build it up til I can get a k24a2 to throw in there with a 6 spd lsd tranny :)

apexracing
09-09-2011, 08:53 AM
I love my Em2 too much to get rid of it now, especially thanks to Siborg I have a set of rear disc brakes :). I am just gonna continue to slowly build it up til I can get a k24a2 to throw in there with a 6 spd lsd tranny :)

hey stick around will ya :)

BlackEp3
09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
stick with ur car and get a a2 swap

BlackEp3
09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
ep with a k20a2 swap ftw

Black_em2
10-08-2011, 08:17 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/61a0fd00-1221-9ce2.jpg
http://tapatalk.com/mu/61a0fd00-1235-7c44.jpg
Got siborgs knuckles on with some rsx calipers :)

Sent from my EM2