PDA

View Full Version : P1259 haunting!

Ep3 ked
08-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Ok so I have been having this problem with a clip on the vtec spool in the back of the engine. Some how it melted on me, so I had to repoke the female holes and clear all the extra plastic around it. It worked fine and I had no problems for a while. Now the cel is comming on all the time.. Ill fix up the two male prongs make shure there not bent and such , i'll also adjust the female part of the clip and make shure theres not to much play within the connection. clear the ecu and it will run fine for a few miles, but then boom it comes on again runs like shit and sets a rev. limit to 4k I hate it .. Any suggestions?

heres a pic its a shity one sry..
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb350/Duckdown12/262822_246881015332596_100000320991115_910886_2032 562_n.jpg

junevtec
08-07-2011, 08:25 PM
why dont u try changing out the plug and see if it melts again if it does it could be all the heat from your headers melting it thats the only heat source near that plug

sLiCk
08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Ya you can buy the pigtail connector from honda. Then cut the old one off and solder the new one on.

Ep3 ked
09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
ok Update on this problem.. I grabed up a brand new spool valve and pressed the female clip down as best as I could to get a good connection . Now if I stay above 2.5 rpm's the cel will stay off but if I stay driving in the range of 2.5 or lower for too long it pops on!! WTF

mp_02si
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Its hard to tell from the pic because its blurry but it looks more like melting due to too many amps going thru that connector and not heat from the exhaust. Have you checked your other wiring, correct fuse amperage etc? That may not be the problem at all but maybe a place to start. I have always found in the past with my old cars almost all electrical problems came from previous owners shoving odd ball fuses in the fuse block or cutting on wires that should never be cut.

Ep3 ked
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Ya I know what u mean the guy who owned ths car befor me raped this poor thing. I dont think its the clip any more because as long as I stay above 2.5rpm I dont have the problem but if I stay at 2.5 it pops on. This guy also cliped sum wires to the ecu I check the ones for the Vtec and respliced them. im allways under the hood of this thing I know all the fuses are good and in there proper place. I dont think the vtec has a fuse for it or does it?