PDA

View Full Version : Part # for MOMO dc5r Steering wheel from Honda

Almost Fast
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Maybe this is sticky worthy but figured I would share the US honda dealer part # for the JDM MOMO steering wheel (hoop only, no airbag, use factory airbag)

78501-s6m-r71zb GRIP COMP *TREAD*
should pull up as that

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/srchrslts.jsp?search=sku&catcgry1=&inputstate=&srchwords=78501-s6m-r71zb&vinnosrch=Enter+VIN+Number+---

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/clorax/2011-07-26_12-58-08_293.jpg

Hope this helps everyone,
Almost Fast

VividSI
08-21-2011, 10:41 AM
so honda has a few of these that were sent to the US warhouses? looks like the JDM version with the MOMO logo, i assume it has red stitching? any other grip changes vs the stock si one?

02TWSI
08-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks dude

EPo3Hatch
08-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I can get 3 of these. One that would need to be rewrapped because of a tear, and the other two have some scuffs. The threading is faded to an almost whiteish pink color. I personally like our wheels better bc of quality. Pm me if anyone is interested. They come with the airbag as well. Authentic dc5 jdm steering wheels

Kerby
08-22-2011, 06:12 AM
can anybody confirm if this has the red sticking?

EPo3Hatch
08-22-2011, 07:26 AM
It is red stitching

NEO_FOLLOWER2
08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I can get 3 of these. One that would need to be rewrapped because of a tear, and the other two have some scuffs. The threading is faded to an almost whiteish pink color. I personally like our wheels better bc of quality. Pm me if anyone is interested. They come with the airbag as well. Authentic dc5 jdm steering wheels

is the airbag the red H?
the single stage one?

Type_R_Nammer
08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Any additional parts for installing this wheel?

Kis4KEN
08-24-2011, 01:07 PM
I could have swore that this wheel is the same as the EP3R wheel.

gtolio
08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but aside from the red H and the momo stamp, isn't the whole wheel the same? (USDM Si vs. EP3 CTR)

EPo3Hatch
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
There is no significant difference, if anything the usdm is better quality and not as hard, the type r is hard and has the momo stamp and red h, I know the three at my buddys shop were shipped from japan and labeled dc5r, the ctr probably uses the same wheel

gtolio
08-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I think it's the exact same thing aside from those two differences, unless anyone says otherwise.

Type_R_Nammer
08-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I would think the USDM spec wheel uses a softer leather verses the jdm wheel that uses a harder leather that's similar in their after market wheel line up.

Almost Fast
08-25-2011, 09:29 AM
this is just the wheel, no airbag (use your usdm airbag)
this has red stitching, harder leather. personally I prefer it over oem because I have found the OEM wheel fades, wears quicker. Hence why I got this one. Mainly its a matter of preference. Just thought I would share my findings with you guys.
I believe this is the same as the CTR wheel but since it is sold through honda/ now acura from what I was told, it is labeled as a dc5r wheel

VividSI
09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
that sucks about it being "harder", id rather just get the real JDM airbag and a new si wheel.

VividSI
09-02-2011, 04:59 PM
did you get this thing installed yet? post pics anyway so i can see what it looks like compared to stock. I like the Momo logo.

gtolio
09-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm still not convinced it's not just the same exact wheel with a momo stamp and a red badge. I saw one in person a while back and it seemed the same.

boricua4life
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
its definetly not the same. i went to chris shop and let me tell you the padding and threading is very different and nice. going to buy one next month.

EPo3Hatch
09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
ive seen three in person from a dc5 and they are identical besides the momo stamp and red H and harder leather

gtolio
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM
its definetly not the same. I went to chris shop and let me tell you the padding and threading is very different and nice. Going to buy one next month.

ive seen three in person from a dc5 and they are identical besides the momo stamp and red h and harder leather

lol.

Type_R_Nammer
01-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Has anyone tried ordering this?

I emailed www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, when they tried searching up the part number, it was invalid...

mr-alternative
01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
just saw this thread an checked my steering wheel part no. by placing my VIN at Honda Lings.

Thats exactly my steering wheel.

This is how mine looked after 90000 miles:

http://www.maxrev.de/files/2010/06/100_2459inet.jpg

Replaced it with a used one one in better condition, but when i see 290 bucks for a new one, then i will order one.

Supaduck
02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
just got this only my ep. the material is DEFINITELY different from the stock, but i like the look and feel of it, matches with the stock airbag better than the original wheel. Also, fitment is perfect, its exactly the same shape and size wise compared to the stock!

Type_R_Nammer
02-29-2012, 04:46 AM
just got this only my ep. the material is DEFINITELY different from the stock, but i like the look and feel of it, matches with the stock airbag better than the original wheel. Also, fitment is perfect, its exactly the same shape and size wise compared to the stock!

Did you order it from hondaautomotiveparts.com?

Supaduck
03-01-2012, 01:10 AM
mmhmm! ordered it a while ago, just never got around to putting it in till now

Type_R_Nammer
03-02-2012, 12:07 AM
I didn't ask when, I asked specifically if you ordered from the website www.hondaautomotiveparts.com lol :p

Supaduck
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
>.> yeah...but i still said i did lol. just gave you a bit of extra informationnn

Type_R_Nammer
03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
>.> yeah...but i still said i did lol. just gave you a bit of extra informationnn

Thanks!!

Sorry I probably mis read it when I first saw your post lol.

Mugen Power
04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
For those of you who have this wheel with your cruise control buttons swapped over, can you just swap over the plastic shroud instead of cutting a hole in the DC5R one? Also, just to be sure, there's still a place to mount those buttons on the Momo wheel, no need for fabricating, right?

Supaduck
04-13-2012, 05:32 AM
To answer your question, this is a straight up swap. no modding or anything required, fits right in just like the stock one.

Mugen Power
04-14-2012, 12:15 AM
To answer your question, this is a straight up swap. no modding or anything required, fits right in just like the stock one.

Thanks, for the plastic shroud can be swapped over as well? The reason I'm asking is because I've read threads on other boards where people cut the shroud for the Momo wheel to install their cruise buttons. If the shroud can be swapped over, then I don't get why they don't just do that...

KrypTOniTE
04-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Where can i buy the momo steering wheel???? please!

Mugen Power
04-21-2012, 06:09 AM
If you find out, post it up. The number doesn't work at Majestic anymore and I contacted another dealer who said that part number is out of stock with no ETA. I'm only looking for new.

Almost Fast
04-24-2012, 09:41 AM
check part# online. last I heard you had to order from acura dealer now and price went up (if buying from dealer)

Supaduck
04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
i just checked majestic honda. part number still shows steering wheel priced at $290.77. im guessing they just refund you the money? iono, should work. Also, yes, again, this is a complete oem fit swap. no cutting and no custom anything required.

Stoop
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
check part# online. last I heard you had to order from acura dealer now and price went up (if buying from dealer)
That is correct. Acura only. Honda dealers cannot order it anymore as of April of last year. It was determined by Honda to be a part for "Integra/RSX" model, so American Honda designated ordering to Acura dealers only. (Even though the damn thing still shows in the Honda catalog - BASTARDS!!!)

mr-alternative
05-01-2012, 09:09 AM
So Honda US sets it as a part for the RSX/integra, but originally its only a JDM Integra part right?

So why they dont want have to order these from honda dealerships, its built-in all JDM Ep3 Type R Civics and european edition models (30th and premier edition)

Stoop
05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Correct - JDM Integra part. Technically the part shouldn't be in the American Honda system at all for dealers to order, but for whatever reason it's just another one of those goodies that just happens to be there. I have no explaination for why it's there, just like the CTR tail lights....

Blue03Si
05-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Correct - JDM Integra part. Technically the part shouldn't be in the American Honda system at all for dealers to order, but for whatever reason it's just another one of those goodies that just happens to be there. I have no explaination for why it's there, just like the CTR tail lights....

Hey Stoop. Come across anymore JDM goodness in the US part catalog lately? I would love to have a set of CTR wheels. Any idea if we can order the Acura CSX Type-S wheels here in the US? I'm still loving the CTR wheel and tail lights I bought from you a few years back.

For people asking, the steering wheel does not come with the plastic shroud, its just the wheel. You need to swap over your existing shroud and everything bolts up just like on the Si Wheel.

Stoop
05-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Nothing new in the catalog. I called up a Canadian dealer a year or so ago to get the parts number for the CSX wheels, and to my surprise, there are some of the wheels in Honda's system here in the US. But unfortunately they are unable to be ordered by either US Honda or Acura dealers. Apparently Honda just keeps them in the US warehouses as a transition point before sending them up to the Canadian warehouses.

Sucks that I can't get them!

Her-Name's-Ally
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I want this soo bad but im debating If I want a quick release hub with a sparco.

jwdep3
07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Finally! after more than 2 months of waiting, i got it! cant wait to install it!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa426/ep3k20a31/IMAG0062.jpg

04SiSpeed
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
i just checked on the honda parts site i normally order from and this is still coming up. So i guess you can still get one if you wanted. My sight has 2 listed tho, one for 290 and one for 320. Same part number and everything. Any insight from someone that has ordered it??

fdnyjon
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM
good find. expensive though

HFPcivicSI
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM
i just checked on the honda parts site i normally order from and this is still coming up. So i guess you can still get one if you wanted. My sight has 2 listed tho, one for 290 and one for 320. Same part number and everything. Any insight from someone that has ordered it??

Did you get the answer to this? What site you gonna order from, I am def looking to get this.

04SiSpeed
08-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Did you get the answer to this? What site you gonna order from, I am def looking to get this.

I went to hondapartsunlimited.com and typed in the part number and it came up for about 280 bucks. Says nothing about being a steering wheel and i think thats what the original post was saying. So i say its ligit and you can still get it from when i checked a week or so ago on that site.

Almost Fast
08-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Should come up as Acura Comp Grip (this is the steering wheel w/out airbag center) you re-use your oem airbag.