PDA

View Full Version : looking for a k20a3 tune with boltons

WhiteComet
08-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Can someone post their calibration on k20a3 tune with minor bolt ons?

The high octane calibration for the k20a3 was done on a bone stock ep3..I'm just looking for something a little better to compliment my mods without having to go thru the trouble of street tuning or paying a tuner to do it.

My engine mods are as follows:
k20a3
Comptech icebox
ITR Header, cat, midpipe

WPB EP3
08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
There's already a good starting .kal in the Hondata software.

WhiteComet
08-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I confirmed with Hondata today that the high octane kal was made on a bone stock ep3. I'm looking for a kal with minor i/h/e boltons.

The reflash was made with a CAI but the reflash kal is not offered in kpro which is pretty kinda dumb imo. I would assume it would be common sense thing to include it in since they configured it to begin with.

WPB EP3
08-05-2011, 06:06 AM
It is the closest starting point in the library, for your setup. Hondata would agree. Even if you find someone with a tune for those same mods, be careful. Don't just flash a .kal and call it a day.

RedSiBaron
08-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Why don't you just run the hondata tune, save your precious pennies, then go and do it the right way by getting it tuned?

You've already paid for kpro, why cheap out at the important step.

WhiteComet
08-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Why don't you just run the hondata tune, save your precious pennies, then go and do it the right way by getting it tuned?

You've already paid for kpro, why cheap out at the important step.

I got the KPRO because I'll eventually get a a k24a2. Until then, at least I figured I can at least enjoy it with the k20a3.

It's not worth it to professionally tune an a3 with boltons. I just looking something a little better than the high octane kal which was done on a bone stock ep3. Even the reflash was tuned with a CAI in mind and has a higher redline than the high octane kpro kal.

Andrew
08-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I got the KPRO because I'll eventually get a a k24a2. Until then, at least I figured I can at least enjoy it with the k20a3.

It's not worth it to professionally tune an a3 with boltons. I just looking something a little better than the high octane kal which was done on a bone stock ep3. Even the reflash was tuned with a CAI in mind and has a higher redline than the high octane kpro kal.

if you're not down to spend the money on a professional tune then start hopping on the interwebs (k20a.org or crsx.com) and look for the people that do online tuning for like $30-40 or even the guy on k20a.org that will tune for FREE and TEACH you how to tune your own car. you're better of on this route i feel instead of searching for a k20a3 map to tune off b/c i think most ppl buy kpro close to when they have done their swap.

AKEP
08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
i could hook it up. where u located?

WhiteComet
08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
pmed :)

EliteTuning
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I could provide a full complete street tune that will make your car powerful and safe to drive for $125 or a general wot tune for $60 that will take care of your engine as you peg the throttle. Served several folks on here. Name is Mike email is elitetuning@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you

eternal780
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
i would love to get more power out of my a3 with a good tune

403ep3
08-09-2011, 05:32 PM
What kind of numbers are you looking at with an a3 I/rh/e?

I'm planning to pick up kpro soon and live in Canada. Can you still tune?

WhiteComet
08-09-2011, 08:55 PM
a local here might help me street tune my a3. I'll upload it if it happens. It should work for all of you guys running boltons.

AKEP
08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
i would love to get more power out of my a3 with a good tune

i'll be in the LA area this weekend. pm me if you wanna meet up. I might be down in SD also. not sure. I'll tune it if you got kpro.

a local here might help me street tune my a3. I'll upload it if it happens. It should work for all of you guys in norcal running the same boltons.

it'll be somewhere close, for anyone else. no tune is the same.

04sidriver
08-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I have a tune but I have s2 stage 1 cams, intake, header, and intake manifold.

will that work for you?

AKEP
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
nah that already sounds like its way too rich for his setup.

OP im off tomorrow let me know what you wanna do.