PDA

View Full Version : been wondering about this for a while?

j0000stin
08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
would there be any benefits to having a double sided intake (i.e. a cai and sri integraded into one piece).

i mean the cold air the cai is getting and the heat the sri have to reach an equilibrium right? and i've always wondered how it much power it would make?

AKAahlecks
08-05-2011, 12:19 AM
fab one up!

j0000stin
08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Anyone think this will work?

Ba82Ep3
08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
It would prolly make use of both ends of the intake wavelengths... but you would have to experiment with piping sizes. Once you got it tuned (proper piping size and lengths), if you went with different exhaust or race header (anything that would change the amount of air that flowed through/out the head)... it would throw all that work on the intake outta whack.

Honda *kinda* already did this back in the day (early 90's) with vacuum actuated air boxes. Depending on RPM and engine load, a flap would open allowing another chamber to either be removed or added to the intakes path. IMO, its more of an efficiency/gas mileage gimmick than a power adder.

j0000stin
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
It would prolly make use of both ends of the intake wavelengths... but you would have to experiment with piping sizes. Once you got it tuned (proper piping size and lengths), if you went with different exhaust or race header (anything that would change the amount of air that flowed through/out the head)... it would throw all that work on the intake outta whack.

Honda *kinda* already did this back in the day (early 90's) with vacuum actuated air boxes. Depending on RPM and engine load, a flap would open allowing another chamber to either be removed or added to the intakes path. IMO, its more of an efficiency/gas mileage gimmick than a power adder.

That is true. I think I'm going to use 2.5 in piping and see how that turnes out