PDA

View Full Version : Showstoppers USDM Type R fiberglass wing 02-up Civic SI

bonobo
08-04-2011, 11:44 PM
After hearing about some member's unpleasant experiences with the spoilerdepot wing I was looking at earlier, I have decided to look elsewhere.
http://showstoppersusa.com/usdm-type...2-up-civic-si/
Anyone know anything about the fitment of these wings? I am seriously considering making a purchase. Your help/opinions would be greatly appreciated
suggestions considering other wings are also welcome :)

eternal780
08-05-2011, 09:24 AM
i would go with the mugen rep wing looks better imo, i have a typr wing that i might sell what color is your car?

bonobo
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
i would go with the mugen rep wing looks better imo, i have a typr wing that i might sell what color is your car?

Its Taffeta White. Would you be willing to ship?

bonobo
08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I would actually really like a mugen wing, but I can't afford the $389 price tag. If anyone has one they would like to sell me for less, I would hop on that very easily :)

tinman5
08-06-2011, 06:51 AM
The mugen rep is only 250. I just received mine yesterday, so i'll find out about the fitment this weekend before I send it out for paint.

Postman158
08-06-2011, 10:59 PM

What color is your wing? I'm NHBP.

bonobo
08-07-2011, 02:34 PM
The mugen rep is only 250. I just received mine yesterday, so i'll find out about the fitment this weekend before I send it out for paint.

any updates concerning the fitment? I am very interested

tinman5
08-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately for me, ups sucks ass in my area. The punk driver not only did not make my delivery, he did not even tag the door. I'm gonna find out whats up tomorrow.

I can not express how much I can't stand ups. I go out of my way to avoid vendors that ship with this company. Me and show stoppers are going to have an interesting relationship.

Postman158
08-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Unfortunately for me, ups sucks ass in my area. The punk driver not only did not make my delivery, he did not even tag the door. I'm gonna find out whats up tomorrow.

I can not express how much I can't stand ups. I go out of my way to avoid vendors that ship with this company. Me and show stoppers are going to have an interesting relationship.

Is your mugen rep carbon fiber, or does it need to be painted? I'm interested in this wing as well.. Thanks!

tinman5
08-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Okay, an update of sorts. Finally received the wing. Be advised, this thing is huge. You look at pics, and you think it's big, well it's bigger than you expect. That being said, fitment was spot on. All 6 bolt holes lined up perfectly. The side gaps were even and consistent on both sides.

As for the finish, it arrived well wrapped and boxed. there was a couple of small blemishes that any half competent body man can clean up. I'm paying an additional $240 for prep and paint. This includes smoothing and filling the surface and lifetime warranty on the finish itself. I could have got a much lower estimate, but I know and trust the shop, and its about what I expected to pay.