PDA

View Full Version : Yup! Yup.. bent my 18's

Whooopasss
12-30-2002, 02:04 PM
On my way to work at 9:00 a.m. today, there were 3 LARGE brick on 247, I did my quick Michael Shumacher impersonation and swerved on 2 but I rolled on one at 65 MPH and my car jerked and bounced up and down like an asian hore.. I stoped at the side of the road and I can see that the tire was deflating slowly.. so I took out my spare and removed my rims, expecting a crack of irrepairable damege.. at this point, I was sweating like a prostitute in church.. and there was a 2 inch bent area on the inner lip..

then I called my boss and told him I'm not going to work, and he said he understands..

So I took my rim to www.fixrim.com and they said that the damage is no that much, and I should pickup the rims in the morning if it is repairable....

I'm not going out today.. I'll just stand in the corner for not noticing the 3rd bricks..

(pardon my spelling.. I'm just not my self with out my car)

IceD out N CALI
12-30-2002, 02:44 PM
ouch, that sucks nightmare come true, good luck hope they can repair it for u

napapacoda
12-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Did you ship your wheel to Fixrim or go to their shop? I have a wheel that's cracked and want to get it repaired.

Whooopasss
12-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Fixrim is about 20 minutes from y house.. so I went and dropped it off. I will let you know how it turns out.

CleanBlackSi02
12-30-2002, 11:26 PM
A good time to get some 17's. :confused:

Whooopasss
12-31-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by napapacoda
Did you ship your wheel to Fixrim or go to their shop? I have a wheel that's cracked and want to get it repaired.

Dude!! got my rims back.. and it looks new!! no trace of the bent area and they painted my rims to the original color and balanced it too for $125 plus tax..

I recomend that place anytime.,.. I'm so happy.

IceD out N CALI
12-31-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Whooopasss

Dude!! got my rims back.. and it looks new!! no trace of the bent area and they painted my rims to the original color and balanced it too for $125 plus tax..

I recomend that place anytime.,.. I'm so happy.

excellent, good for you:)

cryptic02si
01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
That's a great deal imo. Thanks for sharing the info, i'll have to look em up. Did they repaint all 4 wheels for that price? Anyway enjoy your newly fixed ride and keep your eyes open for dumbass people that don't clean up after themselves after they drop bricks in the road.(and blown tires, and furniture, and God knows whatelse)