PDA

View Full Version : need some suggestions for seats..

AKEP
08-06-2011, 04:23 AM
in my ef i have a slight dilemma. i was going to keep the seats original, blue vinyl, but the quote for reupholstering is $300 each. so $600 for both front.

I was looking at either bride gias knock offs in blue ($400 each shipped, worth it to me for new reclining seats that aren't vinyl) or megan racing seats in blue ($250 each shipped).

has anyone sat in either of these? this is my commuter so im looking for something comfortable.

EJAYSICKS
08-06-2011, 06:54 AM
The bride rep's are rather comfortable.. I sat in them before I lost weight(210 lbs) and fit just fine.. Never tried to recline them they were just sitting in the floor of my buddies house. I would be scared to purchase reps for fear of breaking. I know people who had recaro srd reps and they broke when reclining them but then again you get what you pay for..

gamma6
08-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Theres a vendor here selling reps, my buddy bought some for his e30 and they seem legit...

AKEP
08-06-2011, 02:53 PM
well im not too concerned with safety as its a 91 civic, no airbags and the seatbelt is attached to the door, the steering wheel wrap is internally separated from the steel ring, its all bad. so i just want it all fresh and comfortable now. hey ben ima text you but do you think your friend will let me check out his seats?

MadLorEP3
08-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I used to have the reclinable bride gias as well and they felt comfortable since they were not bucket seats
Not sure if you like recaros but the blue ones look great and feel comfortable as well
good luck